24

SooNa

"Just keep still, I am doing the magic and it won't happen if you keep fidgeting." I tidied Minhyuk's hair for the infinite time, making sure that it doesn't cover his face.

"It would be better if you leave me alone like this." He commented, staring blankly at the mirror. "I am already handsome enough."

I scoffed at his statement. "And you think that it would impress my family? They are very high-profile and they dress very nobly as well, each family member has their own stylist and walk-in wardrobe."

"Really? Do you think what I am wearing now will impress them?" I looked down at his attire, he is wearing a clean white shirt and blue chino shorts, something that he wouldn't even wear on a daily basis. He would stick to his usual black singlets that he rarely changes out of and his clothes will always be splattered with all sorts of clothes due to his line of work that involves him painting and he would get all of his paints on his clothes, nearly all of his clothes were ruined with the paints except for a few pairs of clothing that he wears when he goes outside of his workplace which is his own apartment.

"You look fine," I told him and he gave the expression of doubt, he wants to elaborate more on his choice of clothing. "You look more presentable with this outfit other than the other 50 pieces of clothing in your apartment because you ruined all of them. Can't you wear an apron when you work?"

"Do I have to wear an apron to work?" I nodded. "Do I have the need to? Not every artist wears an apron when they work and it isn't a universal rule for an artist to wear an apron at work."

"So that all of your clothes wouldn't be ruined by paint and you wouldn't have to rummage through your closet to find this shirt and shorts that are not ruined by anything," I told him and I realized that I have gotten a little overboard when he stared at me without a word. "Sorry, I didn't mean to--"

"It's okay, you are not the first one that has ever commented at my refusal of wearing an apron at work but I just dislike the fact that there is something in the way and I dislike the strings that are at my neck and around my body."

So he doesn't want to be restricted in any way, that says a lot about his personality since he is an artist and he is a carefree person and is free-spirited. "Sounds reasonable, so you can't even wear those aprons that you tie around the waist?"

He shook his head. "I just wished that they invent something like a waterproof shirt and I will buy thousands of it."

The lightbulb in my mind lights up, I know exactly I would get for his birthday. "When is your birthday?" I asked him in the most unsubtle method that I know.

"November 29th, why?" He looked at me with confusion. "What are you trying to do?"

"Nothing." I fixed his hair for the final time. "Done, we're ready to go now." We got out of the apartment and we made our way down to the bookstore that is located downtown, it is one of my favourite places to go to when I don't have any work to do. The only other reason why I would go to the bookstore on a weekend is because of the owner, I go there just to catch up with the owner along with a few others who know her very well.

I opened the door to the bookstore and the owner came to the doorstop hugging me with great enthusiasm, suffocating me a little. "SooNa!"

"Not so tight, I'm going to die!"  I yelled and she let go of me. "Thank you!"

"I know that I have only met you earlier this month but I still miss you so much! I can't believe that I haven't seen you for a month!" She looked as if she is going to tear up any sooner so I stop her just in time, she would literally sob for hours if I don't stop her in time.

I directed her to the person next to me. "Meet my boyfriend, Lee Minhyuk, he is a famous artist from Seoul. This is Minatozaki Sana, she is one of my best friends who is from Japan and she came here when she was still a high schooler and she decided to stay for good." The guy next to me was stunned but he still stretched out his hand to shake hers.

"Nice to meet you, Minhyuk ssi... SooNa never told me about you at all and so I was surprised that it was a different person." She led us into her bookstore and had us sit down at one of the tables. "What would you like to have?"

"It's okay, I'm fine with anything," Minhyuk told her.

"Then I'll have to serve the signatures for today." And she turned towards me. "Iced Americano for you right?" I nodded and she made her ways towards her counter where she makes her own coffee and cakes.

"I thought that we were going to meet your family? Why are we here?" Minhyuk whispered to me in a hushed voice.

"Sana is considered part of my family because she has been there for the ups and downs of my life, she is more than just a friend, she is my younger sister," I explained. "My true family doesn't even come close to that, I wouldn't want you to meet them too soon because they wouldn't be prepared to accept you as my boyfriend."

I thought that he would be mad but he was just nodding his head the entire time. "I see... You are afraid that they might be too shocked to find out that their daughter is dating such a wonderful guy, who is also the man who is officially certified by one of the most powerful people in the world."

"Who is that?" I asked him.

"You, Gong SooNa. You are the most powerful woman that I have ever known and I'm lucky to have you as my girlfriend."