35

SooNa

I stopped by my best friend's bookstore for a while after having lunch with my other best friend from my workplace, I can never have enough best friends in my life and as long as they don't betray me for anything, they are qualified to be my best friend and I would treasure them for the rest of my life.

"Hey, Sana!" I shouted for the boss as soon as I got into the bookstore and she immediately pops her head out, looking at me and JungYeon.

She smiled as she sees me and she comes out to greet me and she looked so surprised to see me at her store as if she wasn't the one who asked me to drop by today. She pulls me into a hug. "SooNa, it has been such a long time since I have seen you and you had gotten fatter in the past 2 weeks."

"It only has been 2 weeks and you can't see that much change in someone in 2 weeks," I told her and we released the hug, I looked towards the left and I realized to do a bit of introduction to not let the two strangers get even more awkward with each other. "So this is Yoo JungYeon, the lawyer that I have made friends at my workplace." I turned towards JungYeon. "And this is Minatozaki Sana, my longest friend since university and she owns the bookstore as a sole owner."

They shook hands with each other and we made our ways on the couches where Sana served yet another of her desserts that she will definitely force us to eat it someway or another, and it is one of her newest creations. "Have one of this, I have just created it and I don't know how it would match your taste buds. Don't worry, it is definitely edible and it will not kill you at all."

It is a chocolate and matcha dessert and the shape of the cookie looks adorable, a clear resemblance to the books that are around us. I can't believe that she actually had the idea to make cookies in the shape of books according to the bookstore. I took a bite and the sides of my lip immediately lifted up, it is indeed delicious and it is expected of someone who bakes in her free time and even though she has been managing the bookstore for a few years now, she still hasn't forgotten that she is also good in baking and has made it possible in her bookstore as a side job.

"So how is it?" She asked as she sets down 3 glasses of lavender tea on a wooden tray and she put it out for each of us. "Is it mind-blowing?"

"It is very delicious, Sana ssi. I have never met a bookstore owner who bakes her own desserts at the same time." Yoo JungYeon comments and she smiles.

"I am glad that you like it so much, I usually don't bake my own desserts and I would have a guy who would help me bake all of these desserts but he is not here today, and this cookie is like a one-time thing and it is my original recipe," Sana explains. "I would usually just focus on managing my bookstore and keep my eyes off the baking and all, I baked it especially for you guys."

"Can you sell me the recipe? I think that it would help me make money if I have the recipe." I asked her. "Don't charge me too much for it, that's all."

"I wouldn't even want to sell you the recipe in the first place, you can't even cook a proper meal, to begin with, and you order in all the time. How would I even trust you with my recipe?" Yoo JungYeon burst out in laughter at her words. "Thanks, JungYeon. She needs to hear these harsh words for once, it is true that she is only good at eating and she can't do anything in the kitchen."

I am quite lucky that Minhyuk is the one who whips up our meals when he has the time, if I were the one who is put on cooking duty, my apartment would be up in flames already and I would have to move into Minhyuk's apartment, not that I hated it but it is too soon to be living with him, I need more time to prepare myself to live with him but having him to cook for me and take care of me once in a while is not too bad, to be honest.

"But she has an awesome boyfriend who will love her no matter what, Minhyuk is unlucky to have her as a girlfriend." I frowned at Sana's comment and she is quick to correct herself on that. "I mean that Minhyuk loves you more than you love him, I can see that and it is clear that you rely on him on a lot of things. You guys haven't been dating for very long right?"

I nodded. "It is nearing our 2 monthsary in a week and I don't know how to celebrate that because his exhibit is on the same day and it is also the same day as my birthday. I can't imagine that there is a lot of things that are going to happen on that day and I don't know how to handle that."

"Oh gosh... 3 major events on the same day, that is such a tough decision to handle the 3 important events." Yoo JungYeon nodded in disbelief. "Are you planning to celebrate it all together?"

"I would like to but it is tough, do you think that I can do it?" I looked at the two with my pitiful eyes. "Will I have a mental breakdown having to deal with all of those things in one day?"

"I am sure that Minhyuk will help you with that, he is your boyfriend for a reason. He is there for you when you need his help and you will be there for him as well when he needs your help, being in a relationship is like give and take with a lot of love mashed up into one." Sana gives me another hug. "And Happy birthday to you in advance, Miss Gong SooNa since I will be not in Korea on your birthday."