7

SooNa

I left the house in my favourite high heels, a plain white heel of an average height, not too high to be uncomfortable walking for a night out. I loved wearing heels that feels comfortable to me and the fact that my feet wouldn't be hurting too much wearing high heels that are of a shorter height.

I am wearing for the usual person that I am meeting for dinner, the person that I had loved romantically, my boyfriend had wanted me to have dinner with me and so I am here to meet him. I haven't met him in like forever as the both of us are so busy with our lives, him always going on his business trips as a celebrity, promoting his songs at concerts in various countries and me, as a regular lawyer at a regular law firm solving cases day in and day out.

Because of that, we have missed out a lot of time together and I want this dinner to have us spend a lot of time together, I want to tell him everything that has happened in my life for the past 3 months. Except for him, the painter neighbour...

I got out of the taxi and walked into the restaurant with such high confidence knowing that I have dressed the best just for today, just for him. This is one of the days that I would dress really colourful, the other days I would be in my work attire, signature lawyer black heels and very neat hairdo.

I scanned the restaurant and he was there sitting facing away from me drinking his usual coke with a straw, he has a weird hairdo and he was also wearing something that I have never seen before. It was a dress shirt and its something that he doesn't really wear on a daily basis.

I walked to the table where he was sitting on and he was using his phone, one of his usual habits. He is too addicted to his phone and literally needed his precious electronic gadgets to survive, once his phone was taken for repairing, he nearly went crazy over the loss of his phone that merely needed a bit of repairing. No one else knows about this particular habit of his as many people use smartphones for long periods of time on a daily basis.

"Oppa..." I called him and he lifted his head up quickly putting it down again with the phone still in his hand, currently playing a game that I couldn't understand how it works.

"Oh, SooNa-ah... You're here early." He commented and I looked over to my watch that showed 7.06 pm, I was 10 minutes early. "Usually, you would be rushing here."

"I had a day off today," I told him and I sat down opposite him, looking over at the menu that is on the table. "Have you ordered anything?" I took one copy of the menus and flipped through the pages, looking at the dishes and desserts that were shown beautifully on the pages of the menu.

"SooNa, I'm not here to have dinner with you." That made me put down the menu and stared at him hard, he has also placed his phone down on the table. He isn't joking...

"Then why did you call me--" He cut me off "Gong SooNa, let's break up..."

I raised an eyebrow. "Are you for real? Is this a prank?"

He is still staring at me, I don't like this look of him. "I'm serious, we're over..."

A tear immediately escaped from my eyes as I blinked, I'm usually not the kind to easily cry, I'm more towards the heartless side which doesn't even cry when emotional movies are on. And I cried in front of him for the first time ever, and in this kind of a situation.

I stared blankly as he left the dining table after taking off the ring that we bought together during our first trip overseas as a couple and we promised never to take it off until we die, the ring that holds a lot of significance to us back then as we so loved each other that we couldn't live without each other. But it seems that I was the only one with that stupid mindset.

He had loved another woman and it was a fellow active idol like he is, they met during one of the variety shows and like what they say, they fell in love at first sight. Bullshit, like I didn't feel this way either... He was my first love...

I went home, it took me hours to get myself ready to get home without any car accidents, I just squatted down on the floor of my bedroom and that look like another 3 hours before I laid down on my bed sleeping for days after that.

I clearly wasn't myself, I was like another person, another persona that I have never known before. I would do my usual cleaning of the house after every meal, changing my bedsheets every 2 days to keep the dust off but that persona of mine did nothing like the old Gong SooNa. This new persona didn't clean the house after every meal, she didn't change her bedsheets and she didn't even shower. All she did is to lay down on the bed and stare into space for hours and hours, on rare occasions she would sit up on the bed but she would still be doing the same thing. That went on for 5 days to be exact.

And one day, she fought the urge of hunger and got to the kitchen after minutes of resisting, she couldn't take it anymore and give in. She stood at the kitchen counter and took out one instant noodles packet from the counter which she vowed never to open it unless there is an emergency. The old Gong SooNa hated junk food but this new Gong SooNa didn't care much, she just wanted to eat some food to prevent her from fainting.

And then she collapsed due to extreme hunger. The stove is still on with the boiling water boiling non-stop.