36

Minhyuk

It is finally the day where everything is jumbled up into one huge day, there are 3 major events that are going to happen today and I don't even know if I can pull it off at all. Today is the day where I celebrate my girlfriend Gong SooNa's birthday and it is also the same day as our monthsary and top it up with all that, I will be holding my exhibition as a birthday surprise for SooNa.

It is going to be so hectic that I probably will have a mental breakdown because all 3 of these events link closely to each other and it is about SooNa, she is the reason why there are so many things to be celebrated and she doesn't have a clue and I am going to throw her a birthday surprise after that, she probably is going to think that she will be attending just one of my exhibition and her birthday and our monthsary is just a coincidence that it is on the same day.

Little does she know that today is going to be all about her and no one else, she is the one person who has changed my life entirely ever since she decided to step into my messed up life and complain in front of my doorstep and asking me to clear my own rubbish so that it doesn't interfere with her life anymore, it was like fate that the Heavens allowed the two of us to meet like this and we have been inseparable ever since.

I used to think that I could live on my own for the rest of my life because I have been on my own for the longest time that I can remember, other than the times that I lived with my parents and later buying an apartment to live on my own, I have been alone and I don't mind it at all. I don't feel any lonely being with myself and no one else, there won't be any disagreements because I make my own decisions and there won't be any problems because I am on my own and no one is making me go mad every single day.

Well, I was wrong, extremely wrong with that thinking. I clearly needed someone to stay with me and include herself into my life and make changes to my life, day by day, little by little and that person who managed to do that is the little lawyer neighbour that I got just living opposite of my apartment.

She wasn't the most perfect person that I know, she is imperfect and that is what I liked about her and I still love that about her till now. It is her willingness to accept that she isn't perfect and that makes her a human because she knows that she won't be perfect no matter what she does, she will always be imperfect in some ways and I would always love her no matter what.

And for that, I would like to let her know how much I love her and how I couldn't live without her by my side, I have become so accustomed to her that I feel weird if she isn't here in my apartment for one day. It makes me feel empty inside and I need her by my side to feel normal and she is the only one who can do that.

"Gong SooNa, you are really that imperfect, aren't you?" I said to her in the picture that we have taken with each other a few days ago, she is smiling so brightly in this picture and I hope that it is the same facial expression that she would make later on.

I made my way to the flower shop near our apartment building and I picked up the bouquet that I have ordered a few weeks ago, it was perfectly wrapped in an imperfect way just as I requested and that is what makes Gong Soona. I took a picture with the bouquet and I sent it to someone who will do the job for me later at the exhibition, it is for another part of her birthday surprise.

I arrived at her doorstep, with the bouquet in my hands and I knocked on the door. She comes to the door a few seconds later, looking haggard and tiring as I have expected her to be and she is looking very beautiful today. "Good morning, beautiful. Happy 2nd monthsary, Gong SooNa." I passed her the bouquet.

"Bouquet?" She takes a second to process all that information as she rubs her eyes and she has both eyes opened wide in shock. "You shouldn't have, Oppa. I thought that you will still be asleep at this timing and you got up this early to get flowers for me, am I dreaming or what?"

I scoffed. "Are you implying that I am a lazy bum that doesn't get up until noon? I can wake up anytime I want and plus, today is a very special day for you and me. Are you excited about it?"

She nodded but frowns at the same time. "Is there going to be even more surprises today?" She asked.

Yes, it could even make you cry at some point... I shook my head. "Why? Are you just anticipating for that to happen? Just don't expect anything and your day would be such a wonderful day." I pushed her back into her apartment. "You will have a wonderful day at work today and you will have to get prepared for it, you wouldn't want to be late for work."

"Right, I have a huge client to attend to today and I don't want to mess up anything." She placed the bouquet of flowers down on the coffee table and I took it, finding a vase to put the flowers in. "But I promise that I would be on time for your exhibition, it starts at 6 pm right?"

I nodded. "It is okay if you are late for one minute, there is no rush at all since it will take some time for the main event to start and the auctions will start even much later," I told her.

"That means that I would have to be the first one to turn up, I would have to give you emotional support at your exhibition as your girlfriend and they would be so jealous that you have a girlfriend like me and there is not a second Gong SooNa who can make you so happy." She hugged me tightly and she kissed me on the cheeks. "I am so lucky to be your girlfriend and I love you so much."