11

SooNa

I knocked on his door with a lot of courage that I never found myself to have, I was a very proactive person who never hesitates to do something that I have to do, I would always approach without any thoughts of not doing it and that has always been me.

But why is it so hard to knock on his door now? It is just a knock on the door, what is so hard about it? You have done this before multiple times in your life and it is a just a very simple act, everyone can do it.

But to knock on Lee Minhyuk's apartment door had been the hardest task that I have to do so far, I have encountered so many things that can be considered tough but I have been through all of that. I had to compete with 200 over fresh graduates lawyer for a position in my current workplace, the film that I am still working at and I have fought several lawsuits that it is so hard that I would get so stressed thinking of how to attack back to the opponent.

If I can do all that, then what is this? A simple action of knocking on the door and waiting for someone to open isn't a hard task to accomplish and yet I am taking a lot of courage to do this.

I looked down at the bags of groceries that I am holding in one hand, I have been gone down to the supermarket after work especially for this. I had planned to thank him for taking care of me for the past few days and I had wished to have a meal with Jim to express that gratitude that I have towards him.

He is the first neighbour that I have ever spoken to since I have moved out of my parent's house to live on my own, before that I have never gotten close to the previous owner which is living in that apartment. I only know that he is a man in his early 30s and he had a few children but they have already moved out even before I got to meet them on a personal level.

They moved out because they had purchased a house to live in thus leaving this small apartment behind, that is the only information that I have ever known from the previous owner and the apartment has been left vacant for quite a few months before he would move in opposite my apartment.

The door opened and a messy-haired guy appeared behind it, I didn't even have to think twice to know that it was my neighbour who is behind the door. He is a very messy person, a total opposite of me who prefers everything to be in law or order which explains the reason why I wanted to be a lawyer.

"Good afternoon?" He greeted me. "Am I right about that?"

I shook my head and glanced over at my watch. "It is a little over 7 o'clock so Good evening would be a bit more appropriate." I corrected.

He nodded. "Thanks for reminding me that I have to buy a new clock as soon as possible before I would forget about it again. Why are you here anyway?" He looked down at the grocery bags that I was carrying. "Is that food?"

I nodded. "About that, I wanted to thank you for taking care of me once again even though I have mentioned lots of time before but I still want to thank you. And I want to have a meal with you."

"That's why the grocery bags?" He asked and I nodded. He opened the door wider for me to enter. "Come on in, I'm craving for some food anyways."

I went into his apartment and I was greeted by something foreign to Lee MinHyuk, his apartment is sparkly clean and there is no way that his apartment could look like that. There aren't any papers lying around the house, the tables were clean with the files placed neatly to where they are supposed to be at, the shelves are packed with books that I have never seen before.

There is still one blank canvas against the easel but the rest have been hung up on the walls around his house. He has tidied up his place and added some stuff to it as what he had told me that he would go shopping and update his furniture as soon as possible, he is unable to do all that because he has been working on his art pieces ever since he moved in 2 weeks ago.

"This is a new look," I commented as he walked into the kitchen after taking the grocery bags from me. "It is way better than the one that I saw the first time."

He laughed. "I'm not that messy, it is just that I get so engrossed in work that I don't care about anything else." He tried to explain himself but it just seems to make him cuter and cuter the more he talks about himself.

"Oh really? I'm a workaholic and my workspace is always that neat." I told him. "You don't clean up after yourself, that's all."

He placed down the onion down on the chopping board. "Are you here to complain about me or are you sincere about thanking me and having dinner with me?"

"Having dinner with you, my neighbour of course," I replied. "While dissing you at the same time." I giggled and he rolled his eyes at me.

"Stop it before I kick you out of my house." He threatened me with a finger pointing through the front door.

I walked closer to him and put his finger down. "What if I don't?" I smirked, finding him a perfect target to tease.

"I... I will still kick you out." He pushed me out of the kitchen and he used a little too much strength that I stumbled over landing down on the floor with a loud thud. I sat up and noticed that my knees hurt a lot, I injured my knees a little.

He dropped whatever that is in his hands and sat down next to me, holding my hands and examining them. "Are you okay? Did I pushed you way too hard?"

His eyes... The way that he is starting at my hands and my knees, it is so charming... How can he look so charming?

Even though I bruised my knees, it doesn't hurt that much now that I'm staring at his face. Staring at his face is more important than anything now.
"Are you okay?" He asked again and all my focus went to his lips, it is so pink and kissable. If I have to kiss him, it would be in this moment...

I leaned towards him a little, kissing him on the lips with my eyes closed. I used to like guys who are neat and proper but now messy looking guys look fine as well...