39

SooNa

"You need to stop applying that lipstick of yours, it is too much and it ruins the entire look." I looked at the mirror in my office and I gasped loudly, I have really overdone the lipstick and I look more like a clown than a woman who is going to her boyfriend's art exhibition. "Give me tissue paper," I asked JungYeon.

She took a deep sigh and reached for the tissue paper that is on my desk and I took one, wiping my lips vigorously so that it will come out, the lipstick is quite permanent and it doesn't come cheap either as well. "See? I warned you and you still did it, I know that you want to look pretty in front of your boyfriend but you are already very beautiful and putting on more makeup will only make you look ugly."

"Really?" I beamed up at her compliment. "Does Lee Minhyuk think that I look gorgeous without makeup as well?"

"Of course because he only had eyes for you and no one else, you two are really hopeless at these lovey-dovey things." She took another deep sigh. "That is one more reason to remind me that I don't have to date a guy to be happy in my life, it only makes me look like a love-struck idiot and nothing else."

"But you get the love in return, and that is the best feeling in the world. You really need to experience that once to know the feeling of being loved by someone and the need to always look good in front of your boyfriend, it is a thing when you start dating someone and all you think all day is about him and only him."

JungYeon looked at her watch. "We have to leave soon or we will get stuck in the traffic jam." She reminded me and I applied lipstick on my lips just to make sure that I look lovely this evening and I put the lipstick into my handbag and we left the office, we are the only two left in the office and everyone else have gone home for the day.

JungYeon mentioned that she didn't really want to come today because she didn't want to look like a light bulb in front of me and Lee Minhyuk but it is not like she has anything productive to do after work, she likes to look at art paintings and she will be focusing all of her time on that so it is still a win-win thing for her.

But little did she know that I have planned a little something for her, she might not enjoy it at first but she will thank me in time to come for giving her such a wonderful gift even though it is not her birthday. We got to the car park and we were walking to my car, it is at the very end of the car park and JungYeon complained that I am a weirdo for always parking my car at the furthest point of the car park and it would take forever for me to walk to the lift lobby but I don't really mind, it helps me to do a little workout before I get to work and it is a great workout for people who drive to work and sit down at their desks the entire day.

We got into the car and we set up for our destination which isn't exactly the museum but it is a place that is in the same direction, it is at a café and someone was waiting for me when we got there and he got his shades on. He got into the car, sitting at the back still with the shades on and JungYeon looked at me. "I thought that we are supposed to go to the museum with just the two of us?"

"Did I mention that there is going to be a third person who is going to join us?" She shook her head. "I am saying this now, you remembered that I told you about a guy that I have always wanted to introduce you to? Well, he is here now and we will be going to the exhibition, meet Park JiMin."

"Hi, I am Park JiMin. You might have seen me somewhere before, maybe on magazines and even on television. I am a little famous if you are not being able to tell but I am." Park JiMin takes off his shades and he looked at JungYeon who is now facing him, looking at him.

"Sorry but I am not interested in you," JungYeon said to him without sugarcoating anything and she turned towards me. "Gong SooNa, can we kick him out?"

"Why? He can be a great companion although he can get a little irritating sometimes and he is a great friend of mine."

"He is not going with us, I repeat it again. He can't be in the same car as us." She said to me.

"Why? Is there a reason why?" I asked JungYeon and I realized that I have already reached the destination, the GSP on my phone confirmed that once again and I looked towards JungYeon. "We are here at the museum, I didn't realise that it is such a short distance from the museum."

We walked into the museum and the whole place is decorated pretty well and there were a lot of people in there as well, I don't know any of them and I am only focused on finding my boyfriend so that I wouldn't feel awkward standing with a bunch of strangers in a place. It is hard to find him, I tried to ask around for him but they all said that they don't have any idea where he has been or last seen at.

And then I heard a voice saying something in the microphone and I knew that it was Lee Minhyuk, I immediately made my way to him and I found him standing on a stage and he was dressed in his best. "Thank you, everyone, for coming to my exhibition, I appreciate it a lot. Today's exhibition is only for viewing and there will not be an auction because the sole reason for this exhibition is for a special someone who made my life colourful again."

I smiled at his words, they never fail to make me happy. "I don't know if she is already here at this exhibition but let's put our hands together to reveal my boyfriend, let's welcome--" I witnessed a female going on stage and she walked up to Lee Minhyuk and she suddenly grabs the microphone and says something into it.

"Hi, I am Kim Sohye and I am Lee Minhyuk's girlfriend." And she grabs Lee Minhyuk into a kiss that made everyone in the room rejoice as they have just witnessed a magical moment but it is not like that to me, that literally shattered my heart into pieces and a single tear streams down my cheek.