15

SooNa

I sat down at my seat, reading through the documents of the court trial that I will be conducting tomorrow. I always have a lot of work to do since there isn't a lot of lawyers in this law firm, it is still a new company and they are looking for lawyers who are good in their work thus the expectations to work in this law firm is very high.

I could be counted as lucky to be able one of the 10 lawyers in this law firm, and I am one of the first lawyers along with Jungyeon but I'm definitely not that good compared to the other lawyers.

I heard a knock on my door and I responded with a 'come in.' before I continue to do my work, circling the things that I should take note of with a red pen.

"I see that you are working very hard, well done Gong SooNa ssi..." It was JungYeon and she was sitting at the edge of the table, my eyes narrowed at her butt touching the table and my mind instantly thought of the number of bacteria that her skirt has transferred to the tables. "What are you staring at?" She asked, oblivious to what she had done.

"Can't you sit in a couch than at the edge of the table? I just cleaned this morning."

"So? You are still going to clean that before you get off work." She took out her phone. "Try to relax a little, SooNa."

"I can't, I have work to do and that is what I am here for. Aren't you going to work?" I asked her, looking at her using her phone leisurely without any thought of keeping it in her pocket and going back to her office. "What are you here for anyway?"

"I'm here to slack, to get my mind off work for 15 minutes and as well to hear some juicy details from you and your lunch date with the new guy that you are dating." I instantly rolled my eyes and looked at her with a slightly annoyed facial expression. "Why are you showing that reaction to me?"

"Go back to work, there is nothing that you need to know." I pointed that red pen at her. "When are you even interested in my private life?"

She got off the desk. "Ever since you broke up with that Mr Cleaniless freak and when you took a whole week of leave because of him and you immediately came back to work looking happier than ever. What did he do to make you break up with the previous guy?"

"Are you sure that you want to listen to my boring love life?" I asked and she nodded eagerly. "Why so?"

"Because it wasn't boring at all." She took my red pen from me and walked off to the couch, patting the seat next to me. "Talk with me for 15 minutes, I'm dying to know how the two of you ever met."

"Fine..." I reluctantly stood up from my desk and walked over to the couch. "Do you want to have any tea?"

"Yes, Earl Grey, please. Two cups of that please." I let out a long sigh and I informed my assistant via the telephone.

I swear that my mouth never rested for the next 15 minutes as I spilt out every single detail about me and MinHyuk, the man who came into my life like it was meant to. I told her everything from our first encounter to the time that I rejected him at the restaurant to the time where he rescued me from my apartment to the time where he took care of me in the hospital, all of that only happened in the past two weeks but it is one of the most meaningful two weeks that I have ever gone through.

In the 2 weeks, I had more moments with MinHyuk than what I have experienced in my entire relationship in the past 5 years. And I liked that it only took me 2 weeks for me to fall in love with my hot neighbour, he was the right person who perfectly understands me and my problems rather than someone that I have been in a relationship for the past 5 years.

"Oh wow, so he was your neighbour and he became your boyfriend in less than 2 weeks and it is barely a week after you ended things with Park JinYoung. What love potion did he even gave you?"

"He didn't, he was the right guy at this point of my life. All I wanted is someone who will support me in my line of work and still take care of his own career and of course, allow me to be into his life."

"Have you achieved that?" She then asked, taking a sip of her now slightly cold Earl Grey tea. "When the two of you are two worlds apart?"

"We are going to achieve that sooner or later but for now, we are still trying to understand each other and giving each other personal space before we took a step closer to each other," I told her, instantly remembering one thing that MinHyuk told me during lunch with him. "Right, do you have time on the 15th of July?"

She took out her phone, going to her calendar. "I'm still not sure about that but I should be free on that day. Why? That's next month."

"MinHyuk ssi told me that the opening of his exhibition is on that day and he wanted me to come along to support his work."

"And why you are asking me about that?" She asked, raising an eyebrow in confusion. "You should go alone."

"I'm afraid that I might embarrass him in front of the arty people," I mumbled, embarrassed of my confession. I am never someone who is artistic and being there when I am a lawyer puts me to shame with the other artists, I know nothing about art and me being there is only going to further burden Minhyuk.

"What! I couldn't hear that." She came closer to me.

"You have a flair for artistic things and I guess that you wanted to purchase some artworks to place around your office." I lied. "And I could help you get a few dollars off the price if you want to, it is only for my best friend."

"Really? I have been wanting to buy real artwork for so long!" She beamed in delight. "Of course, I would go!" I smiled, relieved that someone else is there to make sure that I don't embarrass my boyfriend from being very different from him.