40

Minhyuk

"SooNa! Gong SooNa!" I called for my girlfriend who is currently running away from me no matter how many times I called for her, she never turned around to look at me once and I know that she will hate me for the rest of her life. She thinks that I am in the wrong for this entire fiasco but I am not, I am not even aware of the problem that caused this entire situation to go up in flames.

I am not even aware that Kim Sohye who is also better known as my ex-girlfriend and the woman that I wanted to marry 4 years ago but not anymore because my love for her ended 4 years ago would be here at this exhibition, nor I have expected that she would actually do such a thing. She is the reason why SooNa ran away from the exhibition in tears, she was the one who is really at fault.

Nothing like this would have happened if Kim Sohye hadn't gone on stage at that very moment and kissed me on the lips, and everyone below the stage saw it and thought that it was a romantic moment between the two of us but it really isn't. Kim Sohye is the very one who wrecked this entire thing and I can't forgive her for this, she has really gone too far.

I bumped into a random stranger and I grabbed his shoulders, apologizing to him and I looked in front of me, realizing Gong SooNa is not there anymore. She had gone far and I have no way of locating her, maybe she has gone to the nearby park but there aren't any parks within a 5km radius and the nearest one would have to be one near our apartment building and that would at least take around 20 minutes of walking.

She could have returned home as well, burying herself in her blankets as she sobs nonstop for hours. I hailed for a taxi and I made my way home in record time, I ran as fast as I can to get back to her apartment and I knocked on the door. No one responded and I got even more worried for Gong SooNa the longer that I don't see her, what if she did stupid things because of me?

She once starved herself for a whole week when she broke up with her last boyfriend and I was lucky that I found her before her condition worsens, if not she wouldn't be alive today. I am really worried that she might do the same thing again, if not more drastic than the last time. Everything would really be my fault if I don't find SooNa in time, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself.

I called her best friend to get details of her whereabouts, she might have seemed shelter at her place because it would be better not seeing my face anywhere else. "Is this Minatozaki Sana?" I called her oldest friend first because I feel like she will be the first person that SooNa would go to rather than her lawyer friend who only worked at the same place as her.

And it turned out that she isn't in the country at all and she will only be back in the next few days, she asked me if there is anything wrong with me and SooNa but I denied because I didn't want more problems to surface and getting killed by your girlfriend's best friends is never a good combo.

I then called Yoo JungYeon and she was yelling at me the moment she answered. "You bastard! What do you think you are! How can you even do this to SooNa? What were you even thinking?"

"JungYeon ssi, I--" She cuts me off, ignoring my words completely. "Where are you now? I swear that I am going to cut you up with a chainsaw into equal pieces and feed it to the pigs, I will really do that?" She continues to swear until the line gets interrupted and a guy speaks into the phone instead of her. "Hi, I am Park JiMin and I am one of SooNa's friends. We saw what happened earlier and we want to know if you are with SooNa right now?" The guy speaks with such calmness but I can sense that he isn't that calm in real life, he can't be that happy when his good friend is in some sort of difficult situation at the moment.

"I wish that I can tell you that but I lost sight of her a while ago and I have no idea where she had gone to, she didn't come back home as well and the sky is getting darker and darker the longer it drags on," I told the guy, I still hear some yelling from the other side of the line, I am so glad that this guy took over from Yoo JungYeon, she wouldn't be able to speak to me with such calmness just like this guy did.

"Do you have a car? We can take your car to search for SooNa, she might not have gone too far." He asked.

"No, I don't have a car," I told him. "You know what? Let's meet at my apartment and we will talk more in-depth about this." I hang up the call and made my way inside my apartment, changing my clothes and waiting for their arrival.

The two of them arrived shortly after and I almost got strangled by JungYeon when I opened the door, but luckily the guy stopped her from doing that. "Come in for a while," I told them.

I had the two sit down on my couch and I served water to them but JungYeon took the glass of water and splashed it onto my face, just like how the kdrama people would do in a fight. "How do you even have the mood to do all of this? SooNa is nowhere to be found and you don't even look worried at all, you must really still loved that woman who was on the stage with you. How long have you even been cheating on SooNa for?"

I turned my attention towards the guy and I wiped the water from my face. "You are Park JiMin, right? Can you do me a favour and bring JungYeon back home after this? SooNa could be there and you give her this when you see her." I handed him something and he looked at me confused. "It is her birthday present because her birthday is today, wish her happy birthday on my behalf."

"Then you are not going anything to get her back?" He asked me.

"She has to be calmed down first, that is always the first thing you should do when resolving a relationship. I will ask you for updates every single hour after she has been located and found, you are the only sane person right now so do me a favour and take care of SooNa for now, I will go to her when she is less angry at me."