44

SooNa

I sighed as I walked out of my office to get my cup of coffee from the office pantry, I usually won't need to drink so much coffee to stay motivated but it was hard trying to keep up with work the past few days. It was hard trying not to cry at work, I have tried burying myself into work so that I wouldn't have to remember anything that happened that night, that nothing happened that night and I am still a single woman.

That's right, I am considered to be a single woman now that Lee Minhyuk and I have decided to take a short break from each other and from this relationship as well, things haven't been going so well between the two of us ever since the fiasco that happened over a few nights ago. I wished that didn't happen so that Lee Minhyuk and I wouldn't be like this, but it was true that our love isn't strong enough for us to be trusting each other and because of that, we allowed someone outside of the relationship to get involved and cause havoc in our relationship.

Lee Minhyuk told me that he didn't have the intention of cheating on me and doing anything that is similar to that and I know that he isn't that kind of a person but I can never be that assured that nothing will break us apart, Kim Sohye was one example to why we took a break from each other.

I popped the coffee capsule into the coffee machine and waited for it to drip into the coffee cup, I sighed again as it is taking a bit longer today. "Stop sighing, you hopeless bitch!" I heard a voice and I looked around for Yoo JungYeon, she was standing right next to me and I jumped up in fright.

"How did you even get here? Did you teleport here?" I asked her and she rolled her eyes.

"I walked here, of course. You just didn't notice me because you were busy getting depressed over a cup of coffee." She pointed at the coffee machine. "What did that coffee machine even do to you? It is already doing it's very best to make a cup of coffee for you and you are still complaining that it is too slow for you, I have never seen such an ungrateful bastard like you." She crossed her arms at me and then shook her head in disbelief.

"I wasn't judging the coffee machine, I am just not feeling better even after drinking so many cups of coffee," I told her. "I just wished that there is a type of coffee that can get you energized for 24 hours after drinking just one cup of it. That kind of coffee will definitely get a prize."

"You will die faster that way and stop drinking coffee, it is evident that you are tired because you didn't have enough sleep but you need someone to talk about your feelings about." She grabbed me by the arm without waiting for me to get my cup of coffee and she dragged me all the way back to her office where she locked the doors and shut the blinds so that no one can peek inside.

"I need to go back to my office right now, I have a client's report that I haven't finished up and it is due this evening," I told JungYeon but she shook her head. "Please, I really have to."

"Not till you talk to me about your true feelings, the feelings that you kept inside here." She pointed a finger at my chest where my heart is situated at. "You can't do work when your heart is broken, this is not the way to do things."

"But I--" Yoo JungYeon pointed at the chair, telling me to take a seat and I stare at her for the last time before taking a seat. I will blame her if I don't get my work done...

Yoo JungYeon turns the chair that I am sitting at to whatever she wants it to be and she stood there, her arms crossing one over another and she has a face of concern written all over it. "How are you feeling? Are you feeling hurt or empty or anything? I will kill off that bastard if I have to, you do know that I will do anything for you just to see you smile again, Gong SooNa."

I wanted to lie to JungYeon that I am feeling alright and I don't have anything that is bothering me but I couldn't do it, Yoo JungYeon is my great friend from this law firm and she can see through me. "I feel empty, emptier when I broke up with Park JinYoung and I haven't even dated Lee Minhyuk for that long. We have only been together for about 2 months and it feels like we have known each other since forever, how is that even possible?" I looked at her for answers because I have no idea how to answer all the questions that I have on my mind.

"Because he is your soulmate and you two are destined to be together in this life, that is why you feel so empty when he is not around. Did he say when will you guys get back together?"

I shook my head. "He just told me that he would be waiting for me when I am ready."

"Then get back together with him already, you are ready to start over again with him." She let out an annoyed groan. "Why are you making things so difficult for yourself? If you are happy with him, stay with him for the rest of your life."

"I..." I am really a coward, I know that Lee Minhyuk will wait for me until I am ready and I am so scared that the same thing might happen again and I would get hurt.

I let out a sigh and there was a knock on the door, JungYeon walks to the door feeling really annoyed and yelled at the person. "Don't you know how to read? There is the sign right there telling you not to disturb me when I am busy-- Lee Minhyuk, why are you here?"

His name made me stand upright, I didn't know that he has made such a huge impact on my life that I couldn't keep calm just by hearing his voice. "Is Gong SooNa around? I looked inside her office earlier and she is not there."

"She is not around." She totally lied to Lee Minhyuk, she secretly waved a hand telling me not to make a sound but my dumb ass decided to hiccup and that revealed everything about me not around in the office. "She is here, she just had to hiccup but I am still not letting you see her."

"I need to bring her to somewhere, it is really urgent and I can only explain it to you later on." He sounded really urgent, his tone is totally not stable at all. "Gong SooNa, can you go somewhere with me this instant?"

I stood up from my seat, walking towards both of them. "Please, SooNa. You have to go with me or nothing will get resolved, we have to go right now."

I really want to ask him even more questions but he won't be able to answer them, I would have to go with him to find out more about what is troubling him. "Yoo JungYeon, step away for now. I will go with him just to help him with whatever he wants me to do." I told her.

"What about your document? I thought that you needed to finish up the document and have it done by this evening." She asked me, reminding me about my work that is barely finished.

"It is only 2 pm and I have 5 hours more to do my document, I can do it. It doesn't take that long right?" I asked him and he nodded. "I will be back as soon as I can, don't worry too much about me Yoo JungYeon." I nodded my head and we walked out of the office to wherever he wants me to go along with him.