1- Oversized Giants

(Not a fan of cursing? Suck it up, cuz this female protagonist curses like a damn sailor, well... when she wants to at least)
(Edit: this book was written a LONG time ago, my writing has changed but I'm too emotionally attached to ever get rid of this from my profile. So, proceed with caution and please enjoy:)

"-so in other words, my parents were fed up of my 'rebellious antics' as they like to call it, and decided to send me away to a boarding school isolated from any major cities or cute boys. Say... you still don't talk much do you?" I shrug nonchalantly fiddling with my sleeves.

"Em, leave the poor girl alone. Via's probably homesick like most of the freshman transferring here." Iona said. "But you have been quiet which is very unusual, you sure you're not mute?"

"Via? Homesick? Yeah right." Alex snorts.

"No, I'm still capable of forming words it's just that I frankly don't want to communicate with other people because I have nothing to say in particular. But carry on speaking 'cause I'm totally not zoning out on your rants and pondering about how things would've been if I had hidden under my covers and pretended that my existence is not important." I spoke smoothly turning my head to watch the overly preppy Day-Class students chat excitedly about how they can't contain their hormones for the matter of a few seconds.

"Ooh, and the silent smartass is back. Me likey." Rose grins rubbing her hands together.

"These fresh-meat are absolute nutcases. Can't they shut up or die or something?" Alex groans rubbing her temples.

"You were once a freshman weren't you?" Emma points out.

Alex glares at her. "Your words stand correct, however I was not obnoxiously annoying and petrified of what others thought about me or which boys were total hunks."

Emma sighs in defeat. "Sometimes... I wonder if you're even a girl, do you even find boys attractive?" She gasps. "Are you a lesbian? I always wanted a lesbie bestie." If looks could kill, Emma would probably be praying to good Lord Jesus about all the nasty sins she committed.

"I'm not a lesbian!" She snaps a bit too loudly catching the attention of a few local students who gave her weird looks. "And no. I don't find boys attractive I find proper men who know who to treat woman right attractive. But that's not the point, I think it's time to show Via to her room before Iona and Rose continue to discuss their next, over-extreme pranks that could possibly get them expelled." I snapped out of my observation grabbing my luggage firmly.

Emma, Iona, Rose, Alex and I were friends since we were in kindergarten. Eventually we all had to part ways in life so we weren't able to see each other but only keep in contact with face time, text messages and calls. Soon enough, Aunt Clarissa became financially in debt which meant she could no longer keep me in her care without becoming completely bankrupt so the only decision that she had was to send me to Cross Academy where her close friend works so she didn't have to pay a single penny. Coincidentally, Emma, Iona, and Rose were Juniors like myself whilst Alex is a year older at the Academy (and didn't bother to tell me) so they practically begged the Headmaster to allow me to room with them.

Since the summer break was nearly finishing, Aunt Clarissa thought it would be nice to transfer me at the same time as other freshman students conveying to this school which was nice of her considering she didn't favour me that much. However, my fingers were itching to not rip her head off when she also decided to send her beloved daughter here as well.

Actually, let me rephrase that. She thought she came up with the best idea to send her conniving bitch of a daughter with her niece who can't even stand to even breathe the same air as her because that's how much I despise her quiddity. Luckily enough, the girls also have a bubbling hatred for my dearest cousin so at least I won't be standing like a loser in the 'I-hate-Charlotte-club'.