8- Evocation Of The Past

"But, w-what if we get caught?" I look at him sceptically, my nerves have already risen to a bundle of shockwaves circulating around my body.

He rolls his eyes lighting up that stupid cigarette he'd always have with him, despite my constant pleas about how smoking was bad for his health he'd just continue to do it completely ignoring my words.

"We won't." He smirks releasing the grip my tight hands had around his wrists. "Stop worrying idiot, we done this a million times so I'm sure we can do this again without getting caught." He ties his red bandana around his face, concealing his nose and mouth but his golden, hazel eyes were revealed and blaring with acceleration.

"I..." I looked around, gulping at the tattooed, built druggy who was beating up someone half his size across the street. "I just have a bad feeling, that's all."

He stops placing a hand on my head, I was tall. Standing at five foot seven, but his six foot three figure made me look like a mouse compared to his huge stance. "Breathe." I released the air I was holding in. "Straighten your back." I held back a smile as I fixed my posture. "Smile." He placed his thumb on the side of my mouth tugging them into a smile. "See? You look ugly with a frown on your face."

I roll my eyes pushing his hands off me. "Douche."

"Your douche." He grins cheekily.

I chuckle. "My douche."

I gasp awake grasping my face as I felt the faint touch of his fingertips on my lips, the heart monitor was beeping fast matching the speed that my erratic heart was beating. I growl in frustration wiping the tears that fell down my cheek, why now? Why were all the emotions slowly coming back to me? Why did I have to feel anything? Why does it still fucking hurt where my heart's suppose to be?

I forced my head to the side seeing the Swiss Army knife that I always kept with me resting idly on the counter making me shakily grab for it and hug it to my chest, I'm safe, I'm alive, but why the fuck am I in a damn hospital bed?

"Shit like this is harming my reputation, once I find that bastard he'd better praying to God to hide him in Heaven because he knows that I'm not going there any time soon." I rip the IVs off my arms ignoring the light concussion and the drowsiness.

I stare at the glass of water on the cabinet, my thoughts straying towards a stupid mouse which I'll definitely be giving an earful once I find her. What was she thinking? Saving me like that, I don't need saving. Despite the people in my life being total snobs, there were some rare cases where I wasn't alone and had someone by my side to keep me up on my two feet. Life being the bitch it is, it took those people away from me. But I shouldn't blame life, it was my fault that they died, that he died. I don't want to add Yuki onto that list nor anyone else, like I said before. I'm a disease, a curse, a pain in the ass. No one wants me around, they all just want to save themselves.

"You're awake!" Rose gasps jogging into the room.

I roll my eyes. "No, I sleep with my eyes open." She ran towards me squishing me into a hug with her arms. "Dumbass, get your sausage arms off of me." She hugs me tighter making me sigh letting her continue what she was doing.

"I'm just gonna ignore your commentary and be thankful that you're wake." She says out of relief. Suddenly an angry look replaced her kind persona from seconds ago as she whacked me with a pillow. "You idiot! That's what you fucking deserve for making me worried, for making all of us worried! Do you know how long you've been out for? A week, one bloody week. God, you're such a idiot." She ran her fingers through her hair, her eyes softening. "I'm sorry for whacking you, it's just that- sometimes I feel like you think that we don't care about you, trust me we do. And we would go through hell just to make sure you're alright."