24- Winter Formal: Part 2

[Just a little disclaimer, a very long chapter ahead, use the toilet, get da food, charge whatever device ur using, (okay, I'm over exaggerating but still)]

My eyes lingered horrifically at the lifeless corpse, mangled up on the stretcher, both looking deathly pale with trails of blood lurking near the pierced, bite wounds. My heart drummed erratically and I was pretty sure that the humans could even hear it all the way from the Day Class, this was all my fault, I'm the Alpha. A poor excuse of an Alpha who couldn't protect it's own pack members, am I really that cursed to allow others to fall upon my eyes as their lives lay on my very own fingertips?

Their names were Kiyumi and Asato, fraternal twins at birth. Both of the opposite gender, yet they look a lot alike. From the amount of uncharitable bite marks leading down the neck, to the shoulder and past the hill of the arms to the brass knuckles, the boy was protecting the sister from the undesirable fate which was not their fault. They were only fifteen, they haven't seen much of the world nor experience what it's truly like to live a life that I vowed upon my pack, despite my desperate need for peace my pack is my number one priority now. I have the power to control people and I have power to do decided who will live or die, and I need to do the best I can to protect those precious lives.

"Beta." I addressed Callie in a tone that sparked a dangerous glint. "Once the night of the ball has engrossed, I will return to the pack and continue my duties from there on as a proper Alpha will do so. Waiting for the year to pass is too much of a risk I'm not willing to take, I'll not allow any of my pack members to suffer casualties and lose their lives only because I'm not there to protect them." I paled staring at the bodies emotionlessly as Mina and Malachi covered them with a white fabric.

"B-But Alpha, this occurrence is not your fault! There's no need to blame yours-"

"I'm not." I stated blandly. "I'm enquiring the fact I was too carefree and childlike, I'm not longer a kid..." I mutter with a frown. "Though I am a teenager, I'm not just a teenager. I'm an Alpha, so I should start acting like one."

Sora glared at me. "Don't trust people too easily, you're an Alpha for God's sake! Act like one." Sora's words recalled in my mind, maybe I am letting her words get to me a little but it's the truth that I won't deny.

"If you're letting my words effect you from earlier, then don't let it! I'm just some old girl, what do I know?!" Sora exclaims throwing her hands into the air.

I smile sadly ruffling her hair. "Surely there is some knowledge in that brain of yours, you've witness things that not a lot of us got to see, if anyone knows anything it's you."

I lifted my head up once I felt that idiotic bast- I mean, Kaname approach us with the means of three vampires chained up behind him, being forcefully dragged with shackles and they all looked a little too dehydrated. A wave of strong hatred started bubbling as I shoved the emotion away, trying not to let my feelings control my actions.

"By the performance of these three vampires who have broken the rules of supernatural law, it has been discussed that I should allow their punishment to be determined by your decision, whether it be death or persecution, it's all resolved up to your judgement." I could feel the heated stares of those around me as I approached the three vampires staring at them deep into their woeful eyes.

For some reason I feel like they're up to no fault, whether it be the non-existent kindness in my heart or the fact that my instincts were consulting me that they were innocent, I feel like they do not deserve death despite inflicting demise upon my own. And since when did I sound like Shakespeare, goddamnit.

"I would like them to tell me themselves as to what happened." I asked, Callie furrowed her eyebrows staring at me silently, before nodding. I can tell she trusts my decisions and I respect her for not questioning me.