18- Human Again

(Yeah, yeah, I know. You might be wondering why there are so many Third person POVs, the past chapters were mainly based more on description and progression rather than emotion. So it's easier to describe things in this POV)

Third Person's POV

All the She-wolf saw was blood, blood staining her fur, the snow, her hands. Her vision was a dotted red that soon faded away once she realised that she got her revenge. Her eyes widen as a sudden weight was lifted off her shoulders, all the guilt and freight propelling her down vanished like a bird being freed from a cage, her paws cushioned beneath the sleet barely reaching the frozen, pale grass.

Her ears twitched as she followed the running of water until she reached an ocean blue stream that was travelling endlessly beyond the horizon, she slumped on the floor resting her furry chin against her paws, her ears now laying flat on her head and her tail camouflaging with the snow. In fact, even from a close distance she was obscure and just another fragment of the snowfall.

She felt a deep tugging within her heart, knowing that slowly her humanity was seeping in but the amount of pain weighing her down prevented her from thinking rationally. She was scared, threatened by any upcoming predators and anyone else who approached her, they were going to hurt her like everyone else had done all her life. The wolf mourned for those she has lost, her body aching from the injuries inflicted on her human form.

She whined in pain when she felt a rush of galling darkness erode her body wanting to take control of both her and Elvia.

A twig snapped which made her ears immediately shoot up, but she made no movement to see what it was considering her poorly condition was impeding her from doing so. Her white fur was now red, the blood leaking from her body fell into puddles on the damp snow. The wolf frowned when she heard firm footsteps approach her yet she stayed still, apprehending the foreshadow.

The footsteps stopped, and a cold yet warm hand tangled itself within the roots of her bloodied fur. Her body tensed before relaxing against the intimate caress that sent a fondness of serenity to glaze over her physical and mental wounds, she leaned closer as the hands massaged the fur delicately. She rested her head fully against the floor her eyes drooping close as if she was put into a restful trance.

"Turn it on."

Her eyes snapped wide open her head digging around for the person who was misinterpreted for someone that she yearned for the most, the words swirled around her thoughts as she felt the human within her break free, as if the man's words was more of a commandment than a meaningless locution. She stood up, the fur transforming back into human skin but this time the shift was a lot more smooth and effortless.

She shivered squinting at the dusty sand trench coat, trousers and shoes that laid on the floor which was not there before. The golden jewel glinted brightly as she hurried to the pile of clothes clipping the locket around her neck, gripping it possessively before her eyes fall on the clothes that she quickly put on, a hiss escaped her lips as the fabric rubbed against her unhealed wounds that were now dried with parched blood and open grazes.

Elvia's POV

I move my fingers around, before reaching out to touched the cold liquid on my forehead that ran down my temple and slid down my face. Tears started to build up in my eyes as I ran, vaguely recollecting the direction I came from. My sight was heightened and the precise sounds that I could hear from all directions built up a migraine, but that was the least of my worries.

I hurt Callie.

I ruthlessly threw her around like she was some sort of rag doll, I acted-no, I was a monster that was unstoppable, I tore flesh from her body like a dog feasting on a plate full of meat, I am a beast. A fucking beast that has no self control, I lost myself within the darkness for a few moments that passed by like everlasting hours. My actions were repulsive and based on the impulse of fear and not authentic emotions. I found myself pushing my body to run faster despite the strain in my body that was coaxing me to give up and close my eyes.