12- Nightmare

I stroke the horse's platinum mane remembering a few moments I've seen Zero spending time here, I found myself gaining peace in this particular spot so why not visit it often? The mare's name was Lily, though she was hesitant in letting me stroke ...

I stroke the horse's platinum mane remembering a few moments I've seen Zero spending time here, I found myself gaining peace in this particular spot so why not visit it often? The mare's name was Lily, though she was hesitant in letting me stroke her fur she eventually grown used to my presence and we sort of clicked after that. It got me reminiscing on the days when I used to visit the stables when I was younger, I would always feed Noelle, midnight black horse, whenever I visited her. Despite their contrasted appearances Lily and Noelle were alike in many ways. They found it hard to trust people until they know that they're in the hands of a good person. Which confuses me since I'm nowhere near good.

"You're very good with animals." Callie spoke quietly.

I ran my fingers near her ears scratching the patch of hair gently as she neighed. "Growing up, animals were my only friends. Sad, I know. But, they always managed to intrigue me." Callie smiled stepping forward to stroke Lily causing the mare to push me harshly against the ground and retreat behind the tree. I wince feeling the cut on my back graze against the solid ground, I didn't exactly manage to remain unharmed after stabbing that wolf with silver. I just found it unimportant to enquire anyone.

"Lady Via!" Callie exclaims as she rushed to the ground holding my bicep gently while her other arm was around my shoulder guiding me up against the tree. "You're injured." She frowned at the blood seeping through my uniform which was sure to attract the attention of the vampires from the Night class.

"Why didn't you tell anyone? The wound could've gotten infected and then that would make matters worse and you could die and it would be all my fault because I couldn't pro-"

"Callie, I'm fine. It's just a small wound, nothing to worry about. I'll patch it up later." I assured her tugging my hoodie tightly across my back so the scent of the blood wouldn't leak as much, I doubt that would do anything.

"How did you know I was injured?" I asked tilting my head to look at her, I smile at the horse who slowly approached me and settled on the ground, resting it's head onto my legs. I tangled my fingers through it's hair feeling the sense of serenity I felt whenever I was with this horse.

She bit her lip looking away. "You winced, and I could see the pain in your face."

"Oh..." I looked at her with a smirk. "Now, minus the lie tell me how you knew that I was hurt?" She looked at me surprised before sighing sitting on the ground.

"I smelt it." She stated her light, brown hair framing her face from human eyes.

After a while I spoke. "What are you?"

She replied nervously. "What do you mean?"

"Stop bullshitting your way through, just tell me what you are." She looked at me giving up knowing that I wasn't going to back down.

"I'm a werewolf, meaning I'm part human part wolf. I'm also aware of the fact that the night class students are vampires, and that you got your wound from a werewolf." I blink not knowing what to say.