22- Missing You

"Fuck." I grunt. "Shit." I cursed when I nearly tripped over fin air. "Fucking hell! How long is this shit going to fucking take, goddamnit I've been like this for seven hours! Seven fucking hours!"

"And yet you still insist on carrying me." Sora rolls her eyes resting her chin on her hand whilst still laying on my back.

"Just because you're older than me doesn't mean your body works the same as mine does, so I don't see why you're complaining, I'm the one who carried you for seven hours, nonstop while you were sleeping like a newborn baby having the time of her life." I deadpanned scoffing, a bit of appreciation would've been nice.

"Well I didn't ask you to carry me, you insisted." She points out.

I glare at her from the corner of my eyes. "You were shivering and cold, and unlike you my body for someone reason produces immense amount of body heat that was keeping you warm for the whole time. Be grateful droopy." She stayed silent, a smug smile appears on my lips.

"Don't call me that." She frowns.

I smirk. "Call you what droopy?" I could feel her heated glare on my face as I continued walking, my eyes widening at the building uprising in the horizon.

"Are my eyes deceiving or is that the Academy?" I blink in amazement and relief quickening my pace, only to see a familiar figure rush out of the gate.

"How am I suppose to know? I've never seen this place in my life, and I've lived for over eight hundred years." I ignored her sarcasm, freezing when I noticed a fiery brunette storming towards me with a 'not-so-happy' look on her face.

Oh fuck.

I turn pale gulping. "I let you out of my sight, trusting you to not get yourself into shit and you return about a day and a half later looking like a hobo while your wounds are bleeding vigorously. And to top it all off you kidnapped a damn child as well?!" Callie shrieks making me cringe backwards before realising what she said.

"Hey! For your information I didn't kidnap a child- if you can even call her child- I carried her back here because I'm indebted to her and now she's my servant." I pout. "Besides, child-napping is kinda of not my thing, I'm more of a torture and bury kind of gal if you know what I'm saying?" I chuckle.

She blinks dumbfounded. "If you're indebted to her then why is she the one who's working for you?"

"I don't know!" I exclaim. "Look, I'll explain everything once we get Sora inside and dried up and warm. Because right now she looks her parents gave her an overdose of drugs and made her high."

"Just because I'm old doesn't mean I can't hear you!"

"Wait- how old are you?" Callie asked in confusion.

Sora smiles tilting her head. "I am eight hundred and forty-two." Callie's jaw hung open wide.

"That was exactly how I reacted!" She looks at me as if she regretted her choices in life.

"You know what? I don't even know anymore, Mina! Get her inside and well dressed!" Mina- who I didn't see standing behind Callie nods reaching to pick Sora off my back before she jumped off scowling.

"I can walk on my own." She growls, Mina ignored her hostile behaviour and grabbed her hand pulling her towards the Academy disregarding her protests.

"For an eight hundred and whatever year old she sure does act like a baby." Callie mused crossing her arms.

I gave a half-smile before wincing, realising how much carrying Sora took a toll on my body. Blood was seeping through the open wound on my shoulder from Sora's body weight, and the stitch on my stomach managed to peel open as well which was not a good thing at all. Callie quickly rushed to my side as I stumbled backwards, nearly falling to the ground.