25- Shizuka

I stare at the diamond ring endorsing my finger before I clutched it to my chest pushing myself off the ground, from the looks of it the ball has ended quite a while ago and the sun has already settled. But the scent of fresh blood suddenly lingers in the air as I decide to follow the smell considering I have nothing better to do with my life. It feels like all my motivation flushed down the toilet and now I'm clueless, what am I suppose to do now? Do I pack my things and move to the pack house? Do I continue attending Cross Academy? Do I have to fulfil my duty as an Alpha? Man, all these 'Do I?'s and I have not fucking clue on what to do.

My footsteps slow down as I raised an eyebrow at the bloody foot-prints leading towards a room, do I follow the footsteps despite the risk of possibly walking into a trap that could result to death, or do I leave and forget I ever saw that?

Eh, why not?

I kick of my heels and continue walking towards the door since it was making too much noise, I was about to open it but from the sound of the voice I realised who was inside.

"Horrible wound isn't it, Shizuka?" Kaname spoke, his voice sounding humorous. "Against troublesome vampire weapons, even our abnormal healing power is limited." He continued with a sigh.

"Kuran's son." Shizuka, who sounded a lot like Maria muttered obstinately. "Why're you here? This bedroom... was the first that I occupied when I first entered this school." She asked confused.

"I see..." Kaname hummed. "As for me, there is nobody here to disturb me." He replied boyishly.

"Yeah, well then. Let me ask you once again, what brings you to this school?" She questions passively.

"To return a favour." There was a grave tone in his voice. "And also this is an appropriate place to get what I want."

"Actually," He interrupts his speech. "I would have probably done the same thing as you, Shizuka." There was silence, as I grew annoyed. Well then, aren't you going to continue talking? Don't mind me just eavesdropping, just waiting for you to spill the damn tea.

"You do not seem to be much surprised."

"No... I have been thinking of taking your life as well, by other means. I was planning on making Yuki Cross an assassin." Wait, Yuki? An assassin.

Damn, that's the funniest shit I've heard all day.

"Do you feel it...? I am holding your heart." What the actual fuck, I hope he means romantically. "If... I take it out right now... Can you imagine what will happen?" Okay, not to romantically. I repeat, not romantically. Well, unless he expresses his feelings by literally pulling people's hearts out. In that case, you... be you Kaname.

"Right now you do not have the healing powers due to Zero's gunshots." Zero gunshots? What the hell was happening while I was away for only half an hour? Wait, it has been half an hour right? I wonder how long I spent standing in the same spot for, man I'm weird.

"Even if you are a Pureblood being, you may cease to exist..." So my suspicions were correct, actually I already knew Shizuka was a Pureblood considering she smelt like Kaname. Not in that way, but in the way that all the Purebloods have a similar scent to one another.

"What a dirty trick." There was disbelief laced in her tone. "You presumed this would happen and were waiting for the opportunity, weren't you?"

"It is foolish to try to outwit an unhurt Pureblood... Because if Pureblood's are equal, then a battle would just inflict harm and end up with a stalemate, but I still wanted that pure blood of yours. You needed my pure blood as well, that is why you tried make use of Yuki. Am I right?" All this Pureblood bullshit, suddenly I feel like being half Pureblood and half werewolf sucks balls. Am I even counted as a pure Pureblood if I'm a werewolf as well? Ah, this is so confusing.