14- A Surprise In The Closet

I was up all night unable to sleep, I guess my inner 'girliness' seeped through a little and clouded my thoughts with one childish topic

A kiss.

All these thoughts ran through my mind which made me want to bash my head onto the wall for acting so stupid and improper, is this how my mind set would've turned out if I did actually have a normal life? I feel like my IQ has dropped tremendously as I was unable to find the answer to such ridiculousness.

Did he like the kiss?

Was it just some 'got caught in the moment' kind of thing?

Does he like me?

Was the kiss meaningless?

Because as much as I hate to admit it, that kiss meant something to me. And that scared me, because I never thought I would move on after everything I've been through with my past love life. I know that Zero has some sort of connection with Yuki, I mean who am I to barge in when she practically grew up with him and I've only been here for what? A month? Did I really deserve to move on and be happy? Some part of me feels like I don't deserve the good things being thrown right at me, it just seems too easy.

Iona, Emma, Alex, Rose... they brought light into my dull life, was it the right thing to push them away only to end up missing them even more? Despite my efforts in trying to push that mouse away she just kept coming back... And that damn Kuran, he's frustrating. That's for sure, it's just that there's more to him that reaches the eyes. I mean, did I expect any of the Night class students to be vampires? Or for Callie to end up being a wolf in human disguise?

I rolled over before my eyes flew open as I tumbled off my bed and onto the ground letting out a small 'oomph'.

"Ugh, fuck me." I groan running my fingers through my hair that hugged me like a raccoon, I wonder what it looks like when I look in the mirror?

I sigh pushing myself up with my wobbly arms before smiling at the clothes that were folded neatly on the chair, I guess Callie left it there last night while I was asleep. I took a shower changing into my uniform letting my hair loosely down my back.

I opened the door just as Callie stood outside about to knock on it. She sends me a smile. "Well looks like sleeping beauty is awake, I was about to wake you up but seeing as you already did so then there's no need for me to barge in like an ogre. I was just gonna walk you to class if that's alright...?" I give a small smile and nod before closing the door walking besides Callie out of the dorms.

"So what made you decide not to wear your hood anymore? Not that you don't look gorgeous without it, it's just that I'm kinda curious."

I shrug fiddling with the locket around my neck, it used to be a habit of mine when I was young and nervous about every little thing that I thought was counted as predatory. "I want to move on from the past, and moving on means letting go of the things that held me back and also giving myself a new look too. It just makes me take this whole 'moving on' thing seriously I guess. By the way, is there still space to join the decorative praesidium?"