9- A Deal With The Giant

I raise my eyebrow letting out a yawn.

"I heard she went on holiday."

"No, on a honeymoon."

"Wait, she's married?"

"Of course not, no one would want to marry that old hag."

After taking my five (possibly ten minute) nap, I tuned in on the rumours that spread like wildfire at the mysterious disappearance of Ms Michishina. It was rather amusing really, these kids can get real creative when it comes to rumours, unfortunately for them they were all wrong. And that we're probably going to be assigned a new teacher who'll hopefully isn't a bitch.

After arriving back at my dorm last night, someone decided to leave a lovely parting gift on my bed which concluded of Ms Michishina's body ruthlessly sliced and diced like a vegetable scattered all over the room, but I had the horror of dealing with a severed head on my pillow with the words 'You better watch out' engraved with a knife all over her face. I didn't scream, it was pointless to exaggerate over an issue that already happened but I shouldn't be talking for myself since I practically cried for someone who's never going to come back to me.

I guess it's human nature to cry over something you can't have, but for me my mind is hundred percent fucked up so my mindset is batshit crazy.

I leaned on my hand. "Haven't you heard? She passed away in her sleep last night." They looked shocked either from the fact that she was dead or that I actually engaged into a conversation. I was bored, sue me.

"Oh my god, even though she was bitch she didn't deserve to die."

"She was gonna die anyway." Heartless bastard, again excluding the fact that those words are coming from me.

"Wait, how do you know it was true? You literally hate her to the guts." One of the girls said, as if she was accusing me of murder.

My lips tilted upwards. "Because I was the one one found her in her room dead, I just wanted to talk to her about homework and found the poor old hag without a pulse." They all gasped as if they found out that I was actually bald underneath the hood.

"Ms Elvia Laurel, please report to the Headmaster's office." I smirk pushing myself up and walked out of the door with my bag over my shoulder. Talk about timing, I can't be bothered to deal with the whole 'question and answer' session.

I enter the office my face turning bitter when I saw Kaname standing in the room, looking all high and mighty as if he owns the place. Yuki was next to Zero as she looks at me in slight relief, I've haven't had the chance to thank her-or attempt to thank her since I rarely thank people for saving my life, or thanking people in general. Manners weren't really my strong suit, or was being a proper lady really. And my Aunt despised me for not acting the way she wanted me to act but I wasn't her puppet that she could just tug on my hair with, or dress me up in fancy skirts.

"E-Elvia, I'm glad that you're okay." She stutters putting an effort in talking to me.

I nod, trying to hide my awkwardness. "Just Via's fine." Her face lit up as if I told her that Kaname was going to propose to her. "And Yuki-" I scratched my neck. "Um, I-...Uh, fuck." I scold myself for stuttering. "So- th.... yeah. This ain't happening." I sigh running my hands over my face stressfully.

"Is that your way of thanking someone? Because you suck." Zero snorts making me glare at him.

"Says the vampire." I shot making him scowl, but I could detect the humour in his eyes.

"So... yeah. What he said. Minus the sucking part." She smiles before running in to give me a hug. I winced awkwardly patting her back making Zero snicker. Yeah... baby steps?