23- Winter Formal: Part 1

"A few more minutes Mai, can you put butter on my toast? I hate jam..." I grumbled into my pillow, my left leg was hanging over the edge of the bed whilst my hands were splattered across the mattress.

"I don't know who 'Mai' is, but can you get your ass out of bed? You still need to prepare a few things for the winter formal tonight and it's already three PM." I groan throwing a pillow at the source of noise.

"Who gives a shit? Just tell Yuki or someone else to do it." I moan in annoyance tugging the blanket over my cold body.

"You signed up for this damn job so you're going to complete it." I screech in protest as the covers were ripped from my body, exposing my skin to the cold weather.

"The light! It burns!" I shriek covering my eyes.

"The curtains are closed and there's no sun outside." Sora deadpans forcing me up, for someone with the arms of a ten year old she sure is... strong. "Get ready and meet me outside the Night dorm, I don't wanna go in a room filled with a bunch of smelly vampires by myself. They stink of shit, and that ain't a pleasant smell." Sora cringes before walking out the room slamming the door closed.

I chuckle getting up. It turns out last night hasn't gone as planned, meeting up at the Headmaster's place with Yuki and Zero was long forgotten since I fell asleep by accident and missed the whole thing, and also for some reason I felt the need to stay in bed considering the scent of a new student caught me off guard. It was definitely a vampire, but the scent didn't resemble most vampires, instead it mimicked more of the Kuran's pureblood scent than anything else.

I got changed into black leggings and an oversized grey hoodie considering I wasn't going to classes so uniform wasn't needed. A yawn escaped my lips as I trudged down the hallways running my fingers through my white knotted hair before deciding that a messy bun would make do for now.

"You look like you've got run over by a truck." Sora stated bluntly.

I shrug another yawn escaping my lips. "Don't care, lets get this over with." I take a few steps before stopping. "What exactly are we getting over with?" I ask raising an eyebrow.

Sora shrugs following closely besides me looking around cautiously. "Inspection of the completed ball, Callie bought some fairy lights that matched the whole 'we can wear whatever we want' theme we have going on." I nod finding myself growing nervous, I haven't seen Ruka or Takuma yet. I wonder what their reactions would be once they've seen me, would they be disgusted? Shocked? Happy?

I paused when I realised that Sora stopped walking, looking dazedly at the doors of the Night campus with the same clouded expression she had back at the Knight manor in her eyes. She blinked rapidly before her eyes widened slightly. "Be aware of the new silver-headed chick, I'm getting a bad vibe from her."

I grin. "What did the 'Oh-great psychic-ness' foresee would happen this time?"

She bit her lip nervously. "It wasn't as clear as the visions I usually get. She has some sort of connection with Zero, and there was this other boy who resembled a lot like Zero as well. And I also saw Kaname... killing the new girl." My eyes widen, despite my fatigue I guess I have to keep a close eye on the new girl.

Abruptly, I stumble a few steps backwards as a girl practically shoved in my shoulder with brute force, I narrow my eyes about to open my mouth when I stared suspiciously at the girl with eyes that cloned Zero's, and hair that parted with a side bun and bangs.

"Oops, I'm so sorry. I never meant to bump into you, um... do you happen to know where the Night Class dorms are?" I stared at the girl's eyes that hinted something familiar, before looking at her as if she was stupid.