3- Grocery Shopping

My footsteps padded against the ground as I ceaselessly continue to look over my shoulder to see the shadow overlook my entire figure, a puny scream escapes my lips as I tumbled to the ground scraping my knee against the rocky grounds, I turned my head to the left, weakly crawling towards the tree seeking refuge behind it.

I look down at the palm of my blistered, red hands watching as my tears glide down magnifying the dirt that stuck onto my calloused skin, my bottom lips trembles as I let out a small wail hugging my knees to my chest sobbing my heart out.

It wouldn't leave me alone.

The darkness, the demons under my bed, itching for a way out, the cries of agony rang through my ears like someone chiming a bell at the church loud and clear. I just wanted to be in the comforts of my mother, to be able to feel her warmth as she wraps her arm around me whispering comforting words into my ears, to jump into my father's arms as he lets me cry onto his shoulders before he decides to beat up the demons that terrified me. They weren't here anymore, nor would they ever come back to save me from myself.

The pain, it hurts. It hurts so damn much that I was slowly eating myself alive. The sound of harsh breathing made everything in my body freeze, I was too afraid to open my eyes knowing that once I do it would be the end of everything.

Suddenly I was back in the playground, my soul was lingering in the air whilst my childhood self stood standing alone at the sand pit as the kids quickly ushered away not wanting to hang out with the weird kid. She wipes her tears away angrily crossing her legs as she sat on the ground glaring at the sand as if it stole her precious food.

"Who cares about those stupid brats, it's not like I care about them anyway, who needs friends when all they do is betray you in the end?" She mutters grudgingly ignoring the murmuring in the background, most likely commenting impudent rumours that's soon to be the talk of the school. Who knew Kindergarteners were such devils?

She founder herself staring at the pink, sparkly sketchers belongings to a petite brunette girl staring down at the angry, hooded girl. She glanced up her eyes widening slightly,

It was an angel.

At least that's her what her five year old eyes saw, her long brown hair framed her pale, blushed face that featured pink puffy lips and hazel doe eyes. She thought her saviour had finally arrived to save her, to finally save her from her nightmare that was a reality.

Boy, was she wrong.

Her face forged into an animalistic snarl, her skin evaporated to black smoke, her eyes flashed a demonic red and her hair was the colour of coal. My five year old self gasped out loud, tears brimming in the corner of eyes as everything around her disappeared.

"N-No... this wasn't meant to happen. This can't be true." I stare wide eyed at the girl who I admired as everything that I once aspired to be.

"You really think that I would help someone like you?" She-no, it sneers menacingly making goosebumps arise on my arms. "It's you, who really is the pathetic one." She turned to face me, her scowl merging into a sadistic smile.

"Obviously it's true, everything that you saw was a lie. Do you really think that I would care about some emotionless whore who is better off being left to die than to pity? Even Alex, the girl who was like you is ashamed to even be called your friend, who'd want to be friends with a broken girl, someone who knows that they can never be fixed, your cousin was right to downgrade you since that is where you belong. We are all the nobles and you are the peasant begging at our feet for mercy." Her words stung so much, that it felt like I was being continuously stabbed with a knife to the heart and shot in the head with a gun.