21- A Broken Heart

My sight was blurry as I stared at the figures peering down at me with wide smiles, I opened my mouth to say something but no words came out. I watched as I was carried in the woman's arms, feeling like I was sheltered in her comfort. She rocked me side to side as the only words escaping my lips were cries that weren't my own, I soon stopped crying and instead a smile graced my lips as I reached my hand out to grab her cheek.

Her eyes were filled with such warmth and contentment as she leaned against my touch, soon placing a kiss on my hand as I let out a giggle. She was real, but her appearance looked like an unfocused camera lense. I could make out the colour of her hair which was a platinum white, identical to my own and her eyes were a wide, dark lapis. I was soon stolen from her arms as a pair on hands gripped around my tiny waist whirling me around to face a handsome, built man.

His hair was not white but the exact opposite, an indistinguishable coal-like black. What frightened me the most was his red, ruby eyes that held a perturbed sadness as he placed a loving, meaningful kiss on my forehead that eased my nerves. Though I find myself beginning to wail.

"Jay, we don't have much time left." The lady spoke queasily leaning against the man's shoulders whilst placing the palm of her hand against the side of my head.

"M-Mama..." The words uttered from my mouth were enough to make the lady burst out crying. Was she my mother? For some reason, seeing her cry made my heart ache as a frown etched my face.

Don't cry...

"We have no choice. It's either us or her, we can't lose her. Anything but her." His voice cracked as he wiped away the tear slipping from his eyes. The blurriness now disappeared as my eyes widen, they were beautiful. Even someone with keen eyes wouldn't be able to catch a single flaw on their body.

"I can't guarantee her safety. But, this is the only option we've got. It's either leave her on the streets or let them get their hands on her, we must trust Sora and hold them back from getting anywhere near her." Her bottom lip trembled as she huddled me to her chest, I breathed in her scent resting my head against her smooth skin. She smelt like roses...

"Mama loves you baby girl, we both love you.." Her voice wavers as she squeezed her eyes close, grasping me as if I was going to disappear. I felt a sudden pressure on my back, knowing the man was hugging me too.

"Please be safe, Haven..."

I gasp awake flinching when the night terror sent a strike of lightening once again on Earth.

Was that a dream?

A dream where I felt sad because I was leaving someone who I don't know that well yet they seemed so familiar? Were they my parents? Did they really love me? I felt like a part of my soul was taken away by this very expertise, my heart was pounding as her faint touched still lingered on my cheek as I reached my fingers to touch the smooth surface. It just felt so real...

I swallowed despite my throat being dry as I slowly pushed the blankets off of me. "Sora? You there?" I stood up quickly before wincing at the sharp pain on my stomach and shoulder, I forgot my wounds were still in the process of recovering. The amount of thoughts distracted me from being lenient towards my own body.

"Are you alright Milady?" I jumped, but slumped my shoulders in relief when I heard the familiar voice of Sora from the corridor. I still wasn't that familiar with the manor, so every shadow that passed by made me risk pissing my pants or shitting myself.