16- Transitioning

"I will kill you!" A loud, animalistic growl rumbles in my chest as I let out a loud screech

"I will kill you!" A loud, animalistic growl rumbles in my chest as I let out a loud screech. I clenched my fists tightly together as my nails dug into my skin, drawing blood but that was the least of my problems.

She laughs angering me even more as I attempt to break from the shackles which in the end made them burn through my wrists and onto my flesh. I cry out loud slamming my head against the metal. "Quite hard to do that when you're both in pain and chained up. I wonder what would happen if I add a little bit more of the serum...?" My eyes widen as wiggle around trying to escape from this confined Hell.

She jabbed the needle into the side of my neck as I whimper, my bones continue to snap in half leaving me with no strength to even scream. My hair clung onto my skin that was drowned with my own blood and sweat, my bones were all mangled up, hair was sprouting from my body and my skin felt like it was lit on fire.

If I truly was my old self, I would've given up at the time the cub board fell on me in the storage closet, but there was a tugging in my heart- stronger than my courage to give up- to stay alive, and not give in to her hands. Because that's not what Haze would want me to do, or Danny, or Mark, or Kat, or Ariya, and most of all. Archer would never want me to surrender to the hands that are tainted with his blood, if I know him well enough he would've gave me a smack on the back of my head for looking so pitiful, and then he would give me an hour long lecture about being so reckless enough to leave my guard down and get kidnapped when he knows I'm stronger than that.

I am stronger than that.

I will get through this shift and turn into something that was hidden within me this whole entire time, and I would never let Nicole see the satisfaction of me being in pain. Archer wouldn't want that, he was in the same position as me once upon a time. And what I admired about him the most was that whatever he endured, his spirit was so strong that no hands could ever break it.

I let out a croaky laugh releasing the tension on my body as I let the pain seep in, I bit my tongue from letting out another scream as my face contorted into a smile making Nicole knot her eyebrows in confusion. "I may be chained up now, and I may not be able to physically harm you, but once I escape. You better pray that you've given your beloved Rido a goodbye kiss because once I get my hands on you, you will never see him again. I guess I'm doing you a favour by reuniting you with your sister because I'm not going to give you the honour of ending my life."

I smirk when I noticed she was getting riled up my words as she grabbed the knife from the trolley and pierced in through my stomach. I strained myself from letting out another scream as she twisted the knife around in circle, sending a wave of flames to ignite in my stomach. "What? Too much of a wimp to use your hands?" I snort.

She let out a raged cry swinging her fist at my jaw as my head flew to the side, scraping against the rope that further dug in to my skin. I don't know whether it was because of the amount of pain I was feeling at the same time that my body became numb to the scourge or that her punch was as a light as a feather.