28- And It Begins

Third Person POV

"Hey you..." Rima started off, swinging her legs over the wall with her eyes narrowed. "You're not Shiki. Who are you? I'm not going to let you go so easily..."

Rima jumped down from the wall- a beam of electricity in her hands- ready to strike. Takuma stretched out his arm, separating Rima from Senri as he gripped his sword slicing it at Rima's cheek despite his will not to. Rima clicked her tongue in annoyance, wiping the blood with her thumb.

"You're the worst... hurting a model's body like that— A surprised attack on top of that... I'm really glad that I'm a vampire at times like this, that I heal fast." Her lips turned downwards in disapproval.

Takuma had a look of apology on his face. "That wound was deep, try not to over-exert yourself Rima... Please stop, you shouldn't dirty Shiki's hands by doing this."

"Ichijo-San..." She muttered in shock.

His eyes widened. "Rima!" He wrapped his arms around Rima's waist but it didn't prevent her from being injured by Senri's blood materialised whip.

Her eyes turned into a hateful glare as her fingers touched the side of her head that was bleeding profusely. "Shiki..."

"I missed." Senri frowned twirling the bloody whip around his finger. "Maybe I'll get a better shot this time." He smirked.

"Lord Kaname..." Ruka stood with her hands clasped together as she confronted Kaname with a neutral expression on her face.

Kaname raised an eyebrow. "Ruka... why do you have an apologetic expression on your face?"

She looked down. "Because I've been a fool who only cared about her own feelings, until I'm faced with the truth." She smiled before she turned her head. "I'll be heading to the Day dorm, the scent of blood worries me and I fear that Elvia may be needing my assistance soon enough..."

"Ruka..." Ruka paused her footsteps. "I'm sorry..."

Her lips tilted upwards. "I was only dancing around on my own, please don't apologise... Kaname..."

He tilted his head, suddenly intrigued. "Why drop the regulations?"

"Because Kaname, my loyalty no longer resides to you but with Lady Elvia. She was the one who truly cared about my feelings and has been there for me, so I shall be there for her, whether I'll be used as a shield for battle or as a friend to talk to, or even if I have to be used as a sacrificial pawn, she could always rely on my fidelity towards her. Because she is my friend." Kaname's mouth parted in surprise before a real smile etched his lips.

Who would've known that a werewolf could make it's way to a vampire's heart, you truly are something Elvia... Kaname nodded taking a step back.

"I see... Then Ruka, I'll say this. Something unfair—"

"Akatsuki!" Ruka called out blatantly ignoring Kaname. Kaname stopped talking, his lips pressed together both in annoyance and amusement.

Is this how it feels to be rejected? If that's so... then it makes me feel annoyed and somewhat disheartened. His eyebrows twitched before walking away making his way to the Day Class dorm before Ruka could do so, he knew a battle was commencing therefor his assistance was needed in case things were to get a little out of hand. Either way, he knew something big was going to happen. Something that he was going to dislike a lot.

"I caught you at a good time." Ruka smiled, a blush dusting her cheeks. "It'll be dawn soon, continue guarding the Day dorms. Day class lectures are cancelled, don't let anyone leave."