2- Annoying Mouses

Having abnormalities in being able to pump blood around my body sucked, meaning that having day to day check ups to examine the weird, maroon liquid that causes me problems, having to take pills to calm my nerves and to wake up to night terrors which did not help my irregular heartbeat whatsoever. The night was still young, around three and I was still stuck to my bed wondering where the hell my idiotic friends have lurked to now.

The beds were empty and untouched, my window was locked which was strange since I clearly remembered leaning against the window sill with the rail pushed up so I could enjoy some midnight air before I carelessly fall asleep, and the strawberry cake that I so nicely made was still remaining uneaten and lonely resting on the counter. I propped myself up and reached for my bedside cabinet grabbing my sleeping pills that would hopefully allow me to sleep without having to wake up drenched in sweat again.

I plop the pills into my mouth, slamming my body onto the mattress and quickly pulled the cover over my body when the door opened. I could feel the pills taking effect when I could slowly feel myself slipping away.

"I don't think we could keep this from her." Emma's voice fills my ears with a sigh.

"Well we're going to have to keep the jig up if we don't want her to find out, if you guys aren't careless then everything should be fine." Rose chimes with a mouthful of what I assume is the cake I made. "I didn't think she would actually make it, this tastes so good." She moans out loud most likely giving our dorm neighbours ideas.

"You don't get it." Alex grumbles in her usual moody tone. "Via is smart, smarter than all of us. I mean have you seen that girls IQ? That girl has a brain bigger than China." I could feel my ego expand, I roll over to the side so they wouldn't see the satisfied smile on my lips.

"Alex's right." Iona agrees. "It won't be long till Via realises that we've been mysteriously disappearing during the night. She probably woke up not so long ago and noticed our empty beds." I sigh, Iona always knew me the best as much I hate to admit.

"Soon enough, we have to stop our little talks in the room before she pretends to fake-sleep to find out what's going on." Oh, don't stop. Continue. Please.

"I doubt it." Alex snorts. "Once she sleeps, it's almost impossible to wake her up. Even throwing a cold bucket of water on her won't do shit." Suddenly, I had to stop myself from cursing out loud when a pillow was thrown at me. Alex that bastard, watch what I'd do to her when I'm currently not pretending to be asleep. "See? As still as a rock. Well, I'm out. We got a test tomorrow and my parents would kill me if I fail another one of that grouch; Takamiya's class." And that's when my consciousness starts to slip as the sounds of my harsh breaths escapes my lips.

"Yay, more cake for me then."

"This uniform is as shitty as my Aunt's closet, no offence to her." I raise an eyebrow at my appearance as I stood in front of my closet mirror.

"You're going to wear you're hoodie so there's no point sulking." Emma points out. Alex and Rose needed to leave earlier for this stupid test that they didn't revise for so they decided to reach class earlier to revise, whilst Iona claimed that she needed to meet with that childish Headmaster of ours for some change in schedule. So I was left with a perky blonde who was too excited for the morning.

"You know me so well." I smile sarcastically slipping my long hair into a messy bun before pulling on my hoodie making sure my hair was covered. I grabbed my iPod and earphones glancing at Emma impatiently.

"What are you doing?" I asked incredulously.

"I'm doing my make-up." She says in a 'duh' tone.

I roll my eyes. "I know that, but there's a difference between applying make-up and turning your face to look like Pennywise the clown." She glares at me through the mirror.