27- Wolf Set Free

"Her arms are implemented with poisonous roots, which is an ancient spell casted by a witch. If you touch her, there's a risk of you catching the same curse. It also enable a person from being able to sense the heart beat of another, so your friend is very well alive— but in a shit ton of pain. The only hope you have right now is bringing her to Kaname, seeing as him and Alex are both vampires."

"Stay away from her!" I screeched just as Iona was about to touch her arms.

"What? Why? We need to help her." Iona sobbed, tears brimming in her eyes.

"Yeah, but there's a risk we could catch what she has and my wolf said that she's still alive so there's nothing we should worry about for now. First we must cover her arms with something." I looked around for something when Iona threw two scarves at me.

"It's better we use something that we already bought, otherwise the alarm would blare as soon as we leave and that would catch as attention." I nodded before sliding the material underneath her, being sure to leave an extra piece of matter hanging before wrapping the rest of the scarf around her arm, tying a knot with the remaining scarf. I did the same with her other hand as Iona draped her jacket over Alex's shoulders.

"They're growing." Iona cursed in incredulity, as the veins extended towards the hilt of her neck right next to her collar bone.

"Which is why me must exit the shop without looking like we committed a murder and trying to drag a dead body outside without getting noticed."

"It's no use. You both are too far away from the Academy to ever make it there in time. Unless..."

"Unless what?" I demanded.

"...You shift, I'm big enough to carry the two of them and travel at a fast speed. Perks of being an Alpha." I looked at the ground unsurely before shaking my thoughts away. There's no time to be worrying about personal issues when my friend's life is at risk.

I pursed my lips together. "Alright, I'll shift. But how do I do it?"

I heard some sort of relieved sigh. "Visualise how you'd look like as a wolf, naturally you'll be able to shift considering once an Alpha has shifted their other shifts would be a lot easier. Ordinary werewolves on the other hand eventually get the hang of it, but for them the pain vanishes after an estimate of five full moons."

"How I look as a wolf eh...?" I mumbled hooking my arm with Alex as Iona did the same with her other hand to make it look less suspicious. Once we left the shop, the figure settled on the chair turned on his heels and disappeared within an alley way.

"Hold her." Iona looks at me with furrowed eyebrows as she held Alex with both her hands.

"What're you doing..." I closed my eyes letting the image of my wolf circulate in my mind, the image on the water was somewhat blurry but it was a definite fact that my fur was white and my eyes were the same crystal blue, expect more vibrant and eye-catching.

A tingling sensation made me move uncomfortably, and that's when I realise that my hands were not my hands but furry paws that stood on all fours on the ground. I did it! I shifted, and this time I haven't gone all batshit crazy like a psychopath who needs to be admitted to a mental hospital but runs always claiming that humans weren't humans but disfigured aliens who sought out wolf blood in order to conduct successful experiments!

"Your imagination is... interesting. But right now, instead of initiating my overprotectiveness as a visualisation of what a crazy person would act like, I suggest we leave now before it's too late." I nodded and looked at Iona who stood in awe.