20- Family

"Well crap." I muttered staring at the mansion before my eyes. This place looked like a freaking horror house you would find in those movies where the girl moves into the house and dies. Metal gates bordered around the school definitely not easing my nerves, now it would be harder to escape if worse comes to worse. Heck, even the trees and plants were lifeless and deprived from entity. Whatever happened here, impacted the entire environment. It was like something died here many years ago which caused this conservatism.

As I walked passed the gates, a wave nostalgia hit me like a pile of bricks before I continued journeying, not taking my eyes off the door to see if anything pops out and grabs me out of nowhere to sacrifice me to some cult where they'll do some voodoo shit on me.

I gripped the tissue packet in my hand that I found in my pocket before throwing the rubbish away. what was that going to do? Was I meant to give the enemy a packet of tissue if they sneezed? Oh bless you Mr Serial killer, here have a Kleenex. In fact, take the whole entire damn box.

No, although I have every right to assume the worse I'm sure that I wasn't called here to be killed. And besides, I can defend myself now. Strength wise, I wasn't weak before and I'm not weak now. I can do this, all I need to do is walk through those doors.

Slowly I drag my legs towards the door ignoring the shiver that ran down my spine feeling like someone was breathing on the nape of my neck, and pressed my finger against the doorbell ignoring how the whole mansion was twice the size of the Academy.

"Hello?" I breathed, mentally scolding myself. This is the stereotypical scene where the girl dies because she called out to the devil. Fuck you El, fuck you.

I let out a scream when cold, pale fingers wrapped tightly around my wrist pulling me into the manor, I squeezed my eyes close trying not to move an a inch. Pitiful really, this is how the so-called powerful Alpha is going to die? By the hoaxed version of slender man? Is it too late to say that I love Jesus?

"Are you Miss Laveriana?" My eyes flew open as I stared at the frail maiden in disbelief, she's just a tiny girl in a maid's outfit. And to think I thought she was some petrifying, flesh-eating monster.

I let out a sigh of relief nodding. "I'd prefer if you called me Elvia. Now may I ask why I've been insisted by a stranger to meet up at a place I've never been to in my whole life all of a sudden?" I rambled in exasperation before relaxing my muscles. "Sorry, I'm a bit on edge. This place just creeps me out and it's in the middle of an isolated field and- yeah." I gave a sheepish smile.

The girl smiles sadly bowing. "You remind me off her, and I see you have her looks as well. It is an honour to be standing in front of her daughter."

I wave my hands back and forth. "No need to bow, and what do you mean 'her' daughter? I'm an orphan, I have no parents. And even if I did they must be very bad parents to just abandon their kid on the dangerous streets." She looks at me dolorously shaking her head.

"You're wrong, I knew your parents. They were good people, and what they did was to protect you not to harm you. I can see that you have very good people in your life and that you had people who tried bringing you out of the darkness you were succumbed in before, cherish them. Never let them go." She smiles distantly.

"So, good parents leave their kids to survive on their own with nowhere to go?" I chuckle bitterly wiping away a tear I never knew escaped my eyes.