5. Plan

-Oliver-

-Oliver-

I couldn't relax at all. One of the Blue Moons had noticed me, in a bad way. My wish to be noticed had been granted, but with a really bad twist. I couldn't believe my luck.

I tried to keep my head down and merge with the shadows. I could relax only during classes, since they weren't there, but every time I stepped out into the corridor, I could hardly even breathe. I was sure the mohawk-guy would be there, waiting for me.

It wasn't until lunch break, when I realized how ridiculous I was being. I was utterly insignificant to them. Just a squeaking mouse in the corner, not even worth to be remembered. I learned this, when I was sitting alone close to the entrance of the hall, trying to eat at least something in my nervousness.

And they stepped in. The one with deep red hair stepped in first, laughing so hard he was nearly in tears, with his two friends smirking in amusement. At first, I thought the mohawk-guy spotted me, when he turned his head in my direction, but his eyes moved past me like I wasn't even there. I couldn't see even the slightest hint of recognition in his sharp eyes.

I was back to being a ghost. I turned to look after them, but of course none of them paid any attention to me. I felt ashamed. Did I really think I was important enough to be even remembered? For a moment, I did. But the truth was something quite else.

I was grateful, but at the same time... being invisible again...

I continued eating with a better appetite, since I clearly didn't need to be afraid anymore. The Blue Moons wouldn't give a crap about me, as long as I would keep my mouth shut, that much was clear to me. It was easier to relax now, knowing that.

But of course, I was immediately punished for letting my guard down.

For I made two mistakes that morning.

One. I made the Blue Moons notice me.

Two. I made the Black Thorns notice me.

"There's the little rat. I've been looking for you."

My lungs paralyzed at the sound of that voice. Jack. Right behind me. I couldn't even turn around to face him. I didn't even need to, since the next thing I knew, I was pulled up by my hood, almost lifted in the air. Jack turned me around, and glared down at me with a mad smile. His nose was red, but that was the only mark left of Tilly's kick.

"You better follow us quietly," Jack spoke with a silent voice, which was more than enough to scare the life out of me.

He yanked me up harshly, forcing me to follow him out of the lunch hall. If someone saw me, they did nothing. A teacher passed us by, but he didn't even look at us. Jack still had a strong grip on my hoodie, so anyone could tell I wasn't going with him willingly, but no one did anything.