61. Wounded

-Arch-

-Arch-

I stayed awake the entire night. For one, it was a full moon, and our kind never slept much that night. Two, we were in constant danger, and even though I wasn't feeling sick anymore, I was still restless and anxious and worried. And three... I couldn't stop thinking about the spirit Aurora was carrying with her. Who was it? Could it really be...? No. The idea of Jack Thorn considering me as his mate was just absurd. It was not possible. Had he ever even talked to me? I wasn't sure if he even knew my name!

I let out a deep sigh, trying to move my legs a little. We all stayed in our wolf forms and slept on Oliver's bed as a big bundle of fur. Oliver was sleeping at least, using me as his pillow. I tried my best not to wake him up while wiggling around. Oliver moved and muttered something in his sleep, before squeezing Jaden harder as if he was his favorite plushie. Poor Jaden was almost strangling in his mate's hold. He looked at me like he was begging for help, but I only snorted at his distress.

Tilly had the best place to sleep all for herself. She was snoring away, comfortably lying behind Oliver, back to back. Those two had taken most of the bed for themselves, while Jaden and I – the biggest of the bunch – had only a little room. At least I was next to the wall, but Jaden looked like he was halfway on his way to falling off the bed.

Oh well, as long as Oliver got his goodnight's sleep. The kid definitely needed it after a few days of complete madness. He was still taking everything pretty well.

I shivered when I thought about what would've happened if Jaden hadn't accepted Oliver. The Shadow Walker would have him now. Although, the reason why the enemy wanted Oliver was because Jaden did accept him. Poor kid. He truly was born under very unfortunate stars.

I let out another sigh. I really wanted to know what Rayleigh and others were doing about the Shadow Walker. It was frustrating to stay put and just wait it out, not knowing anything about what was going on... I wanted to be there and help, but no... Suddenly we weren't the mature adults everyone expected us to be. Instead, we were just a bunch of puppies that needed to be protected, hiding in the safehouse.

Seventeen... What an annoying age.

Later I heard Aurora start making breakfast. When the smell of bacon started flowing into the room, Tilly woke up. She lifted her head up, sniffing the air, and finally moved to lay on her stomach. Our noses were only an inch apart, so I snorted at her. She yawned and licked my cheek, wagging her tail lazily. Jaden let out a muffled growl – probably because he was left out – so Tilly leaned over Oliver to nibble at his ear. All Jaden could do was growl quietly. I assumed he didn't want to wake up Oliver, otherwise there would already be a wrestling match going on on the bed.

Tilly kept teasing Jaden, and his growl turned frustrated since he couldn't defend himself without waking up his mate. Soon, Oliver started waking up anyway. Both Tilly and Jaden froze as he began moving, letting out sleepy mumbles. He eventually released his death-grip on Jaden, who lifted his head up, and turned to glare at Tilly.