55. Wanted

-Oliver-

-Oliver-

Jaden kissed me again...

I let out a deep sigh as I sat down into the bathtub, enjoying the warm water on my skin. The basement was quite chilly, although the dozens of candles were heating up the place pretty well. I rested my head back, trying to clear out my head from all thoughts.

It wasn't working, obviously.

I pressed my hand on my lips and peered towards the door which had a small crack on it. I could see Jaden sitting right behind it, but only a small part of his cheek and back was visible for me. The feisty-red color of his hair had started to fade, but it still suited him.

I... I felt bad for not being able to feel utter joy from being kissed by him. I wanted to, but I had a million other things to wrap my head around, and I barely even knew the guy. The werewolf.

Honestly, I was expecting to wake up from all of this and realize it was all just a wild dream. Part of me wished it was just a dream... I knew I would've been much more scared if it wasn't for Jaden, and his calming spirit.

I lowered my hand on my chest, calling Jaden's Echo inside my head, and the tiny thing jumped out of me, landing on my hand.

I stared at the golden sparkles around the light-blue ball of light as it kept growing on my hand. Two days ago, I didn't know I could do that. Two days ago, I didn't know who my father was. Two days ago, I didn't know Mrs. Bundt had wanted to foster me. Two days ago, I didn't know I wasn't exactly a human. Two days ago, I didn't know I had an actual enemy, and that I was a part of a big secret.

I closed my eyes for a moment and tried to stay calm when it all hit me at once. I had no idea what to think. Where to even start thinking?

"So... you holding up?" Jaden asked, and I figured he could feel me getting anxious.

"Not really," I said truthfully – there was no point in lying when the guy knew exactly what was going on.

"I don't blame you," he said quietly, and the sound of his soothing voice helped me stay focused. "I'd probably be hiding under the bed freaking out if I were you..."

I chuckled lightly, watching as his Echo jumped off my hand and started dashing across the water without leaving any ripples behind.

"I think I'm so overwhelmed that I can't even freak out. I'm in a complete mental lock-down..." I muttered.

"I'm sorry about everything," Jaden said and sighed. "I wish we had more time to introduce you to our world... I know it's a lot to take in."

I couldn't agree more. "I'm trying to decide what I should focus on first," I told him. "What part should I let sink in first?"

"Well... How about we start with the whole supernatural thing?" he asked.

"That is way too big to think about," I laughed. "Are vampires real?"