70. The Harbinger

-Oliver-

-Oliver-

I had never felt anything like this... I was barely aware of what I was doing or saying. I had no idea how I did even half of the things I had done... My feet felt heavy and breathing was hard, but it was the sensation of something crawling inside me that made me feel horrible. And hearing his voice whispering inside me... The King...

Someone was leading me somewhere, and it took me a while to understand it was Jaden. He had a tight hold of my arm, and when I peered up at him, I saw worry in his eyes.

"Where are we going?" I mumbled.

"You need to rest," he said shortly, looking over his shoulder.

"Why? They need me," I said, trying to stop him, but he kept pulling me gently.

"The battle is over now. The others can handle it from here – you need to rest," he said sternly.

"Oh? It's over?"

Jaden stopped and turned to look at me, the worry in his eyes grew stronger. "Are you all right? You're pale and sweaty!"

"Honestly? I don't know... I feel really weird... Like something is crawling inside me," I breathed out. "I... What did I do?"

"A lot," he said and continued leading me through the mass of people. "Natalie is coming to check up on you as soon as she can."

"Is everyone all right?" I asked. "Did... I saw your father..."

"Do you not remember?" he asked in shock. "Everyone's fine. I think... I heard Anthony had ordered his people to possess us, not kill us, so I'm hoping no one died... And the Howl really worked. I mean..." he trailed off, looking almost scared. "I can heal, Oliver. I have an actual old world ability..."

To me, it looked like he could use some rest as well. "Everything got so weird so fast... I mean... a few weeks ago I was just minding my own business..." I mumbled.

"And now you have a god in you," he sighed. "I think we're officially past too much, don't you think?"

I started laughing. I laughed so hard I couldn't even stay up on my feet, so Jaden had to hold me up. There was nothing funny about the situation we were in, but I just couldn't stop laughing.

"Can I just sleep for a week?" I asked once I recovered from the laughing fit.

"Sure – you deserve it," he said.

Only a few moments later I realized we were heading to his house. When I asked him about why we were there, he just said that I needed a safe, quiet place to rest. As soon as we got in, I realized that I was freezing cold, and hungry.

Cedric appeared into the house when Jaden was leading me upstairs, nearly scaring the shit out of me when he just popped right next to me.

'I'm sorry – didn't mean to scare you...'