60. Full Moon

-Oliver-

-Oliver-

I was anxious. I could hardly sit still on the couch and listen to Natalie while she spoke about the history of our people. Even after the sleepless night, I felt restless and stressed. Even my hands were shaking. I wanted to go out and just run as far as my feet would take me.

"Oliver?" Natalie spoke my name, and I realized she had asked me something.

"Sorry... I can't seem to focus today..." I muttered, vigorously stretching my fingers.

She gave me a smile, placing her hands on mine. "It's going to be a rough night for all of us."

"What?" I asked, almost forgetting how to breathe.

"It's full moon," she said with a calming voice. "And we're surrounded by werewolves."

I stared at her for a moment, but she nodded towards Tilly, who was pacing around, letting out frustrated sighs. Then, I turned to look at Jaden, who was chewing on his fingernails, leaning against the kitchen counter, and then Arch, who was sitting at the table, tapping his foot on the ground.

"I don't like running, but right now I could go run a marathon," Natalie said, and then leaned closer to me. "Maybe we should continue your lesson later and go get some fresh air?"

"Oh, yes please God!" Tilly groaned, turning to look at us. "If I have to stare at these walls for a second longer, I'm going to prove everyone that witch wood can be destroyed."

"I think we all could use some fresh air," Aurora agreed.

I took a better look at her. She was a bit pale, and she had a permanent, worried frown on her beautiful face. She was hugging herself, and even though the presence of her mate had calmed her down, I could still feel her distress.

Alastair, Tilly's father, hadn't left her side ever since he arrived that morning. He seemed like a kind, calm man. His spirit was like a silent pond in the early morning, surrounded by immobile mist. It was quite a contrast, taken the fact that his mate and daughter were more like thunderstorms. He, too, had blond hair and blue eyes just like Aurora and Tilly, and he was even taller than the two.

"Maybe you should try to get some rest?" Aurora turned to speak to Arch, when he got up from his seat.

"Like I can," Arch muttered, looking down at her chest for a brief moment. I knew he was worried about the broken spirit. He hadn't spoken much about it, but I knew he was devastated after hearing the person considered him as their mate.

While Jaden and I were in our room getting dressed to go outside, I was rummaging through my brain, trying to remember where I had met that spirit before. I had a strong feeling that I knew him, but he could be pretty much anyone! It was so frustrating... Was he someone at school? Did I meet him at a store? Was he someone I was friends with when I was much younger? Nothing... I couldn't remember...