47. Age

-Oliver-

-Oliver-

The atmosphere in the house got really tense after the phone call. I wasn't too afraid of Jack and his pack, since I was apparently surrounded by almost twenty werewolves and hundreds of spirits, but I was nervous about something else.

Jaden's father was coming.

I had no idea what he thought of me, or if he even knew that I was supposed to be Jaden's mate. And he was the Alpha. I had read enough werewolf books. While we were waiting for him to arrive, I had enough time to form a picture of a mighty, battle-scarred warrior who was at least the size of the entire house.

Then there was the fact that he was coming to take Jaden and his friends away... Aurora told us that he would escort them back home, where they would have to stay until the Thorns and the Shadow Walker were properly dealt with.

I should have known... When Jaden said I belonged with them now, it had sounded too good to be true... Now I had no idea when I could see them again, if ever.

Half an hour later, I heard a car stopping in front of the house. Aurora went to look out of the window, before she turned to give us a nod.

"He's here," she said quietly.

I looked at Jaden, who was sitting next to me. He had no expression on his face, so I couldn't tell what he was thinking. I really missed his Echo.

Tilly and Arch stopped by the bedroom door and peered in, leaning against the door posts. Arch still didn't look well, but he was now standing, so I assumed he was feeling better. I looked back at Aurora when she walked to the front door, opening it.

I wasn't surprised that the man behind it wasn't the size of a house, and he didn't seem scarred either, but when he stepped in, I could feel his aura. It was so strong that I had no doubt that this was the leader of their pack. The Alpha. When he walked towards us, Jaden stood up, pulling me up on my feet as well.

"I thought I'd be fishing right about now," he spoke with a low, raspy voice when he stepped in the middle of the living room, looking down on us all – he may not be the size of a house, but he sure was big. "But no – here I am playing hide and seek with Thorn."

"Did you find anything?" Aurora asked.

"We know which direction they took. Scouts are trailing them, but other than that, nothing. We couldn't find anyone, but they left in a hurry – they left everything they owned behind," the Alpha spoke, letting out a deep sigh. "You guys are all right?"

"We're fine," Aurora said, and suddenly, they both turned to look at me. I resisted the urge to hide behind Jaden when the Alpha's eyes landed on me.

"You must me Oliver," he said, stepping closer to me. I felt so, so, so small next to him. He looked almost exactly like Jaden, just a bigger, older version.