54. Scar

-Jaden-

-Jaden-

Oliver didn't talk much while we were returning to the cabin. He had a lot to think about, so I – or anyone else for that matter – didn't want to disturb him. I couldn't even imagine what it must've been like to finally know who his father was. And to make things worse, it was possible his father didn't even know his mother... It was a fucked-up thought.

I focused a lot on how he was feeling. Confusion, exhaustion and a little bit of anxiety mostly, but still, he stayed calm. I couldn't understand how he could be so calm after everything that had happened in the past two days. In two measly days, his entire life had changed completely, and still he was calm.

"How are you holding up?" I asked quietly once we were out of the woods, walking through the snow again.

"Fine, I guess," he replied slowly. "My head feels like it's exploding though..."

"Can't blame you. This is... it's a lot to handle," I said apologetically.

"I just wish there aren't any more surprises," he chuckled.

"I hope so too," I sighed.

Soon later, we arrived at the cabin, and I could already smell that Aurora wasn't the only one there. The scent was similar to Oliver's so I didn't even have to guess who it was.

"Natalie's here," I informed Oliver as we walked through the gate.

"Clean clothes..." Oliver breathed out in a thankful manner. "I haven't changed since yesterday morning when I left for school."

"I know," I smirked. "I can come with you when you go take a bath," I suggested carefully.

He raised an eyebrow at me. "Slow down there, stud," he spoke, making Tilly and Arch snicker.

"I didn't mean it like that!" I grunted, glaring at my best friends. "The closest house with a bathtub is my place. I was just offering to walk you there."

"Oh," Oliver uttered. "Wait, at your place?"

"Yup. Well, I guess there's someone even closer, but we might as well visit my home," I explained.

My dad knocked on the door at that moment, and Aurora came to open it for us. She smiled and stepped out of the way. "We have a guest," she informed us.

"Mrs. Bundt!" Oliver smiled when he saw her sitting at the table with a cup of tea in front of her. She got up and hugged Oliver with a big smile on her face.

"I'm sorry I couldn't come yesterday," she said while letting go of him. "It was getting so late when I finally returned home..."

"Where were you?" Oliver asked.

"We were trying to find the Shadow Walker with the help of the spirits, but I guess he has phased out of this realm, since we couldn't find him... What were you guys doing?"