Chapter 1: Unplanned Beginnings

La'Toya
The last year of high school... My last year to be around all these fake snakes. Hopefully this year won't be as stressful as junior year. *cue the eye roll. I'm just trying to graduate, get a job, and get an apartment.

Orlando
Time to walk up in school and let my talent shine. I'm trying to get signed to the best college in the States. Money ain't a problem. My GPA is up so I should be straight. Who knows I still might have time for these females. Well I need to shower and get dressed. I already have my black Jordan shirt, white jeans, a pair of black/red Jordans, and a black/red Jordan snap back laid out. I shower and brush my teeth. Then I get dressed and hop in my black Silverado. On my way to school I blast my music. My amps has the windows shaking from its powerful vibrations. When I pull up at the student parking lot everybody knows it's me.

La'Toya
As soon as I hear the music I know exactly who has arrived.

"Guh I don't know why he does that."

"Really La'Toya? He does this every year you should be used to it now."

I look at Jaida like she's stupid.

"Okay, but it's senior year he shouldn't be actin' a fool."

"Oh. My. Gosh. It's just music."

I roll my eyes and lock my Hot Pink 2018 Camaro.

"See this is why ion say nothing half of the time. You're only taking up for him because you think he's fine."

"And you do too."

I whip around so fast. I can't just let her call me out like that.

"Okay Jaida just because I think he's attractive doesn't excuse his behavior. Besides he'll never notice me, we're from different worlds."

"Well I mean opposites do attract" Jaida says as she wiggles her eyebrows.

"I can't even."

I try to hold back a laugh, but with Jaida it's impossible. The first bell rings and we start running to the gym to pick up our class schedules.

Orlando
As soon as I park my truck my friends crowd around it. I get out of my truck and we do our handshake. "Aye what's up with y'all!" After I speak to them, I zone out. I notice some females by the tree smiling and blushing at me. I give them my signature smile. They blush harder and look the other way. I can have any female I want with no problems. I look at my friends and think this is going to be a lit year. I start to walk away from the crew.

"Aye Orlando where you goin'?"

"To get my schedule, let's roll out."

When my foot hits the wood of the gym floor, a hectic sight unfolds before me. The sound of the second bell doesn't make it any better. Freshmen are running around like a chicken with its head cut off. I walk over to the senior table and see my favorite math teacher. She smiles and ask me if I'm ready to graduate. I nod and say, "He- Heck yeah." I almost slipped up. A referral on the first day isn't the impression I'm trying to make. One girl almost runs into me, but she stops herself and regains her posture. Her friend isn't as graceful. She falls, but quickly gets up. I shake my head and leave the gym.

La'Toya
"You okay?" Jaida gives me a death stare. I try to hold in my laugh. If looks could kill I'm pretty sure I'd be dead.

"What do you think Toya? I just busted my ah... butt in front of the finest guy in high school."

"You're acting like a thirsty, fan girl, freshman boo. Get it together!"

We grab our schedules and the only time we'll see each other is 2nd Block, lunch, and 4th block.

"Ain't this some trash!"

I smack my lips in response I can't let this get me down.