Chapter 26: Hide and Go Seek

RJ
After La'Toya left Orlando went in rage mode. She must really be his anchor because now he's sinking. He was wrong for popping off on her tho. She didn't know that his dad was the one who got killed on the security footage. Heck I didn't really know until I watched it. He should've told La'Toya before she watched it. Now he doesn't know what to do. Being honest I don't know either, but we need to go back to see if Aunt Jayla is still there. Maybe she can tell us what's going on. There's so much we need to know and solve. Now she all out there when Ryan is out here and if she gets taken that's chap. There's only much I can do. I can't be in two places at once. That's it I need to get TJ. Before I could call him I look at Orlando. He looks like he's finna turn into the Incredible Hulk. I call La'Toya's phone, but it goes straight to voicemail. She must've turned her phone off. Looks like this one on me.

"Orlando chill out."

"RJ I just messed up. I spazzed out on La'Toya and lost my dad in the same day. Now I don't know if my mama safe. I am now the man of the house. How am I suppose to take over anything when I don't know anything? Everyone is only telling me a lil information at a time just to keep me quiet. Poor La'Toya don't know straight up and neither does Jaida. They got mixed up in here because of me. I should've left her alone on the first day. So many things I could've done..."

"Orlando you don't need to be trained to be a good leader. You are already there. All you need is a lil bit of guidance and all the information then you straight. And you was wrong for spazzing at La'Toya. How is she suppose to ask questions if she don't know what to ask? You could've just told her. You know how she is. She is already the ride or die type. She could've left you after her and Jaida were getting shot at. What did she do? She stuck with you. So don't be weak let's go and find out what happened.

My phone rings and I answer it.

"Yo."

"Finally you answer. Rylee just came over."

"What's going on now?"

"KAYLA KILLED UNCLE MARCUS!"

"Dang son all that hollerin in my ear!"

"You not shook?"

"I just watched the security before you called me again."

"She planning on helping me steal some stuff inside their house. Then she wants me to drop her car and phone into a lake. So she can run away into the city with her unborn baby and husband."

"Whoa. Slow down. You can't possibly trust her. She could be setting us up. One look at the security footage then boom they got cha face son. Then they link you back to us. Then Kayla think the whole family in on it then all of us dead. All because of your lil slip up."

"You really think I'm that stupid. I'm not an amateur at this. I recorded her saying everything today. When we come into a certain range of her house I'm disabling all the security cameras. I ain't dumb. I know how her mama is. Who's to say she won't turn on us next? The mission was to spy on her anyways. She just helping us out. It can't be traced back to me cause on the gloves I got on I put her finger prints on them. So ain't nun gonna link back to us. I was careful that she didn't put anything on me or my car."

"I taught you well. Be safe and get outta there before the security comes back on and if you got a chance make copies of their discs of footage. So we can get a clue on their next move."

"I'll talk to ya later."

"Bye TJ."

He hangs up and Orlando has a wild look in his eyes.

Orlando
"We need to get La'Toya now."

"Where do you think she went O?

"Prolly to Jaida's house or her gram's."

"I'll check out her gram's house just send me the address."

"Ight I got you, and thanks for everything."

"I mean it's in the job description."

"What was that?"

"Let's get your girl."

La'Toya
Dang I need to go get some gas real talk. I pull into the gas station and fill my car up. While I'm filling up my car I see the same black Sedan from that night. I put my hood over my head and crouch down on the other side of my car. Two people get out of the car and they look around. They don't see me, but I see them. I listen in.

"Ryan got Jaida?"

"Yeah he picked her up not to long ago. He plans to use her as a pawn to get La'Toya."

"You think it'll work?"

"Prolly as soon as he sees the little surprise he left her at Jaida's house."

Surprise? From the sound of it I doubt I'm gonna like it. I turn on my phone I take their picture and I forgot my sound was on. So the camera made the shutter sound.

"You heard that?"

I hold my breath and silently curse.

"Stop being paranoid nobody out here."

I turn off my phone's ringer. Then I set it down on the ground. That was a bad move. Somebody started calling me and I pushed the button on the side. My pump made that stopping sound. I quickly undo it and open my car door. I drive off without a trace. What if it's a trap going to her house? I need some back up for real. I could call RJ I mean it's better safe than sorry. Nah I'll just wait till I get there to call.