Chapter 36: You Thought

Jaida
I gathered all my belonging while Ryan watched me from a distance. He begged me to stay, but I already had my mind made up. I leave out of the room and Ryan pins me up to the wall. He chokes me, but not in the way to make me pass out.

"Jaida tell me you don't love me. Tell me you hate me. Tell me you ain't feel nothing when we were together. Tell me that you didn't feel anything when we..."

I couldn't keep listening to him so I cut him off mid sentence.

"Ryan don't do this. If you wanted something real and one hundred you should've kept it real."

He presses his lips on mine and I get weak again. I slap him so he could get off of me. He whispers in my ear

"Jaida there's nothing you can do to hurt me. I want you to know that."

He released me and I kept it moving. I remember my car isn't outside. I turn around and he's staring at my body.

"Ryan stop looking at me like I'm a piece of meat. Drive me home."

He does a sly smile. He think he's gonna be able to change my mind, but that's dead. I climb in his truck and buckle up. He starts the car up and places his hand on my thigh.

"What are you doing?"

"I... uh."

"Don't touch me and don't talk to me. All you do is lie."

I put my earphones in my ears and look out the window. This raggedy, no having aux cord guy tryna run game, but I think it's funny. Little did he know I was a good actor. I wasn't really with him cause I liked him. Imma pimp I ain't got time to catch feelings. I'm lying a little I mean I did feel a lil sum sum, but he messed that up. Jokes on him though. I suppress my smile and let my mind wonder. Before I know it I'm outside my house. I try to get out, but he ain't unlock the door yet.

"You gon let me go?"

"I ain't ever gonna let you go."

He unlocks the door and I get out. He waits until I get into the house and then he drives off. Yeah it's official I ain't staying here tonight. La'Toya's house here we go. I got everything I need at her house except my phone and charger. I got that on me now tho sooo I'm just gonna drive over there. When I get there I don't see the car she normally drives. I gotta key to her house and let myself in. I type in the security code and go in her room. I call her phone three times before she answers.

La'Toya
"Hello?"

"Hey. It's sounds like you were sleep."

"Well I mean look at the time and tell me what you thank."

"Oh you right. Where you at?"

"Why does it matter? Ain't you on team Ryan?"

"Now you should know I'm a good actor. I ain't ever switched up on you."

"Mmhm."

"Wake up."

"I'm up dang you gonna wake up Lando."

I look down and Jaida wanna FaceTime me. I answer and she looking at the camera too hard.

"What are you looking fa?"

"I'm tryna see if y'all bein nasty over there."

"You in my room?"

"Yep. I'm in our room."

I roll my eyes.

"You better stay outta my snack draw. I ain't playing wit you."

"We'll see. We need to catch up on a lot. I have stuff to run by you."

I give into my tiredness and fall asleep.

TJ
I've been out here contemplating whether I should go in there or not. And what I would say once I'm in there. I gather some courage and I walk down her hall. I'm outside her door and I was gonna knock until I heard voices talking.

"Rylee you didn't think I could find you huh? You are a child of mine whether you like it or not. You're coming back home this instance."

"No I'm not."

"You have soo much potential I don't know why you throw it away for some boy."

"I'm married to him you can't stop it."

"You did what?!! How stupid can you be?!"

It gets a little quiet it's like everyone is gathering their thoughts thinking about what to say next.

"You forced my hand Rylee. What happens next is on you. If you don't come back home your husband will be a "missing person" and you won't see that baby growing inside of you."

"How did you know?"

"It was pretty obvious really. You haven't been asking for pads. I know you ain't taking birth control or had surgery so that left me with you being pregnant. I suppose by the guy you married. Don't ever think you're getting away with anything.

"You monster!"

"Eh I've been called worse. You know how I value family. So I advise you to get tha packing before I show you how much of a monster I can be."

"I hate you!"

I hear Rylee's cries and wails from in the hallway. They were filled with despair and grief. I hear something come in contact with skin. I hear a loud thud and the crying cease.

"I know you didn't mean that did you?"

"No."

"Didn't think so."

I heard enough and I couldn't process all of it. I knew it was Kayla. I gotta talk to Aunt Jayla even though she thinks that the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. She gotta know that she can't judge others based on the judgement passed on their parents. Rylee has a heart of gold and that's an achievement considering how she was brought up. Ion think it can wait until in the morning.

Jojo
When Aunt Jayla told us to go home and go to school she ain't have to tell me twice. Sleep is something I can't get enough of.