Chapter 40: Choices

La'Toya
"You and Jaida need to go to the limo now!"

"What about you and RJ?"

"Go!! Now!!"

I grab Jaida and we run out of the back door. The limo is only a few feet away.

"Jaida get in the limo I'll be back."

"I'm not finna leave you. What are you tryna do?"

"Jaida I'll be fine. I can't leave them in there. A queen doesn't leave her people."

"Fine, but hurry up and bring them. They would call that code right when Wobble came on."

I run back in and it's hard to get around these people. It's better when everyone is calm so I could move around easier.

Jaida
I take off my heels and walk to the limo. I hope they know I'm gonna help myself to a pop and whatever else in here. I open the door and sit down. My door closes and I look up and see Ryan in the car. I try to get out, but of course I'm trapped.

"What do you want?!"

"I just want you to hear me out."

"No thank you."

"I don't think you really have a choice in the matter. See I have a bomb somewhere in that same building La'Toya is in. If you don't cooperate the whole thing blows up. There's no way she can get out either. I have my men surrounding all the exits. So I'm gonna say this again hear me out."

"Fine."

He knew exactly what strings to pull to get me to cooperate.

"Wonderful. Franco you may take us to our next destination."

The limo lurches forward. I look back one last time before we pass the building. Why am I always finding myself in situations like this? Why couldn't he do this on Senior Skip day? All we did on that day was go to the State Fair. He could've did this on Halloween. Actually that would've been too basic. We are too close to Thanksgiving Break. I need to find out all that I can once and for all.

Orlando
"Didn't I tell you to go to the limo?"

"Yeah. What's ya point?"

"What are you still doing here then?"

"You know I wasn't gonna leave you."

"Always hard headed. Where's Jaida?"

"Made her go to limo. Any idea who's behind this? Or where the bomb is?"

"We're working on that now. The bomb could be anywhere and we don't know how much time we have on our hands. The bomb could be on a person or hidden somewhere."

"Didn't we have to show our School I.D to the cam recorder to get in here? So if we get a hold of that we would see who all got in here. Then we could see who is outta place."

"We need a distraction."

"Way ahead of you."

Kayla
I watch La'Toya she's perfect. She's exactly the kind of queen Ryan needs. She'll restore Legacy to its greatness. Now I need to intervene in this. I have to approach her at a certain angle unless I can act like Jayla. It's been years since I've been around her. I think I can do an okay job on it. I watch Orlando go across the room. I intercept La'Toya in the middle.

"La'Toya."

"Your majesty."

I already like her. She knows what's up. This time I made sure I added tracks to my hair so it'll be the same length as Jayla's.

"We need to speak now it's urgent. Follow me."

"Are you sure now is the appropriate time? We have a problem we're dealing with."

"You're right. Handle it and report to..."

"Mom? I thought you said you had an appointment tonight?"

"You're right. I'm heading there now. I'll catch you all later. Orlando remember to lock the door after you come in the house."

"Okay mom will do."

I disappear in the crowd. I have to find a way to bind La'Toya to me. Once that is done it can't be reversed. I'll find a way to do it before she graduates. I need to brush up on my impersonation of Jayla. This isn't gonna be my last encounter with her.

Orlando
"I hope you know that wasn't my mom."

"Oh trust me I know it ain't. I've been spending a lot of time with your mom so I know how she acts. Besides I saw Kayla's tracks sticking up and its color was off a lil bit."

"Back to the plan."

I watch La'Toya talk to the men at the door. One of them uses their phone and then they nod. They step aside and let everyone out except us.

"See I'm a natural. Now we have the rest of the snacks to ourselves. RJ found the bomb yet?"

"I don't know, but we need to find it if he hasn't."

I hand her a Bluetooth and she puts it in.

"Aye RJ you found it?"

"Nah folk."

La'Toya takes off and I go in the opposite direction. Hopefully we'll find it before it's too late.

Ryan
I study her features. It's surreal that she's here with me. I pinch myself to see if I'm dreaming. I can tell she has something on her mind, but I don't know how to make her just be straightforward with it. I'm use to bossing people around and they listen. When it comes down to Jaida it's a different ball game. She has feelings and she's not afraid to express them.

"How much time do I have?"

"Huh?"

"How much time do I have before the bomb goes off?"

"I'd say about a solid 3 minutes."

"Stop the limo!"

The limo screeches to a halt.

"I would advise you to get the talking now!"

"Listen all I need you to do is sign these papers right here and all your problems will be solved. You won't have to worry about anything. Then all you have to do is call me and I'll be there at a drop of a dime."

"All I have to do is sign these papers?"

"That's what I said."

La'Toya
"I found it. What do I do now?"

"Where are you? I'll defuse it myself."

"No it'll be too late. I have to do it now or we're chap. It only has 2 minutes and 39 seconds left."

"La'Toya listen to me take a deep breath and I'll tell you what wire to cut. Make sure you have steady hands. Ready?"

"I was born ready."

"You took off the back cover?"

"Nah dip Sherlock."

"You got something to cut it with?"

"Yes. Come on you're wasting time."

"Cut the wires in this order green, red, then blue."

"We have one minute left and this nail filer doesn't wanna cut it. Wait a minute I have a pocket knife and it should sharp enough to cut it. You said green, red, and blue right?"

Jaida
"There it's signed."

"Pleasure doing business with you."

RJ
"That's right."

"Boom I did it."