Chapter 28: Game Time

Ryan
When you get answer wrong one of three things happens electricity, strike, or surprise. It would be in your best interest to get them correct.

"No. No. Leave her alone. It's me that you want. Do whatever you want to me. Let her go!"

"Hmm trying to be noble and loyal. I like that. It's too bad you got caught in between our crossfire."

"Crossfire? Who's crossfire?"

"Me and Orlando's crossfire. Oh you didn't know?"

"I know it was you behind the Black Sedan. You probably ordered the killing of Orlando's father."

"Now the killing of Orlando's father was a beautiful work that I can't take credit of. I almost forgot about your surprise."

In the dark my eyes make out two silhouettes right on cue. They come into the light.

"Mom? Dad?"

I watch how La'Toya reacts as she sees her parents. The emotions I read on her face are sadness, anger, confusion, happiness, and frustration.

"I guess I'll leave y'all to it."

RJ
"This could be a breakthrough if we go to this address, but the only problem is that we would mess La'Toya up."

"RJ I don't care what you say. I'm not finna leave La'Toya in the hands of Ryan. Obviously she wants us to find her otherwise she would've taken this with her. You know what he's capable of! I shouldn't of......"

"I'm not finna let you be stupid! You are not going without back up! So you sit here and calm down! La'Toya is a strong one she can handle herself in the meantime. I'm finna call up our cousins. We finna assemble."

Jaida
I should've listened to La'Toya. I was blinded. Blinded by his appearance, personality, and most of all his lies. I'm starting to come back to reality. My senses are starting to wake up. I don't wanna get up. This bed is so comfortable. Bed? I look to my left and right. Sure enough I'm on a bed. Ion remember going to bed. As a matter of fact I didn't! I scan the room and see that this ain't even my room. I feel around in my pockets and my phone is still there! I just hit the jackpot!!!!

I look at the percentage and it's at 100. If you gonna snatch somebody up clearly you'd take their phone. Dumb criminals. I send an SOS to La'Toya and put my phone back into my pocket. I got a notification instantly and I look at it. Message sent failure? What kinda mess is that? What chu mean message sent failure? I hit try again about five times before I realized I have no service. Maybe they aren't as dumb as I thought. Outta frustration I throw a pillow across the room. The door behind me opens and I turn my head around. I see the devil himself Ryan.

"So this is what we doing? Suffocating me and bring me to ya room?"

"Suffocating?"

He laughs, but I have yet to find a reason for why he's laughing.

"Oh you find this funny. Now if I slapped you would you still find it funny?"

"Very cause for one thing you couldn't slap me. Unless I let you."

He don't know who he fooling with do he?

"Cut the crap why am I here?"

"Cause I want you to be."

"See I should've know you were up to something. You were acting too friendly at the hospital when La'Toya was there. You were acting suspicious when you called me the night we were getting shot at. Then at the food court you were trying to hide your tracks. Then you show up at my house uninvited. Then I find a tracker under my car. Why? Why did you do all this? Huh? What's in it for you?"

"Well I can't reveal that now. I want you to agree to be my queen then I'll tell you everything. We can be together no secrets, no lies, no hiding, and we'll be in it forever. If you agree then you don't have to worry about anything."

"Ha! You got jokes. You know how many times I've heard a guy say he'd put a ring on my finger? Or how he would say that we'll be together forever? It's all just sweet nothings. Until I see proof I ain't buying it. I should've know better with you I fell for it and you. All you were doing was using me to get to La'Toya. I should've listened to her and cut ties with you. You ain't nothing, but poison. You used me and I just let you. I can't believe I let you cloud my judgement. Then you almost killed us and I still forgave you."

I walk right up and slap him. He doesn't even move. His face scrunches up and he balls his fist. He backs up and hit the wall next to my head.

"Jaida!"

He then pulls me closer and kisses me. He puts all his feelings into that kiss the infatuation, sympathy, melancholy, rage, irritation, love, desire, and pain. I did kiss back at first I just kept my eyes opened. Then later I gave in and kissed him like I've never kissed a guy before. Before I knew it I was crying as I was kissing him with all that I had. I'll worry about the consequences later for now I'm living in the present time. Ryan is the one to pull away first and wipe my tears.

"I want you to know that I don't wanna hurt you or La'Toya for that matter. I....I've said too much. Jaida just sign the contract."

After he gave me that order he left.

La'Toya
My parents are here of all places. Why?

"Yes baby it's us."

My mom smiles and holds my face. My dad puts his hand on my shoulder.

"No this ain't right!"

"Aren't you happy we are reunited?"

"You... left me for dead. You didn't visit me at the hospital after my accident or even stop by to check on me. You didn't answer your phone."

"La'Toya we love you, but we couldn't go see you for a reason."

My mom face goes dark as she says that sentence.

"But Toya that's not what matters. Now we're back."

"Dad why does it not matter? Don't you think I need an explanation?"

"You're just like me when I was younger. Look what me and your father is trying to tell you is... you're on the wrong side. You need to switch and be on Kayla's side. Right now you're on the losing side. You better switch before it's too late. They have even agreed to let all of us be apart of the new reformed Legacy. That's more income into the house. Imagine all the things we could buy. You'll have a brighter future and might even start a family. First you have to sign this and pledge your loyalty to them."

"Loyalty? I know y'all aren't talking about you LOYALTY right now! You have no loyalty to your own daughter. I don't give a da... darn about them. I know where my loyalty lies and it ain't for someone who was shooting at me and my best friend. It ain't the ones who killed my King's dad. I may not know what I've gotten myself into, but I do know Lando takes good care of me. He makes me feel happy."