Chapter 30: War Cry

Orlando
"I wanna thank all of you for what we bout to do."

"Aye cut the sappy stuff. This what we suppose to do. I mean I just shared all my food wit y'all so be happy. So get it together and let's roll out."

"Yeah. You heard Jojo let's go."

I watch as all of my cousins pile out of the treehouse. This treehouse brings back a few hazy memories. I put my hand on the door frame and smile to myself. I look next to me and RJ pats me on the back. I don't know what's in store for us, but at least I know at least my family has my back. That's the only confirmation I need.

Ryan
"What do you mean they got your sister?"

"Exactly what I said."

"What part of sticking together did you not understand? Ryan this is the last slip up you finna have. Of all things to do why in the... boy you almost made me say something. Can you not do nothing right!"

"I got La'Toya and Jaida so..."

"What's that gon do? They just insurance. If they slaughter us all off then what? All they gon do is take them and carry on with life. Since you think this is gonna work with the girls then fine we'll give it a go. Now if you mess this up you know what's finna happen. So since this is war what are you gonna do bout it?"

"First imma make sure we got enough men to cover for us and enough ammo. Then I need to make sure we are covered and go over a plan to take em down. It's all about brains not necessarily about power."

"At least I taught you something right."

After she said that she hung up. She is gonna stop all that once I'm king. Rylee just hold on I'm coming for you.

La'Toya
Ion care how they feeling right now. All I know is that I'm not finna just switch sides. I think I'm starting to actually fall for him. I'm...not gonna leave him anytime soon.

"He did what to you?"

"You heard and read my lips correctly mother."

"He shot at you?! That wasn't apart of the plan! He said no one would get hurt! He lied! He put her and Jaida's life in danger."

"Well I could've told you not to trust a snake. Clearly you're gonna get bitten especially when he's like Ryan. Ryan is a lil con artist. Imma tell ya one thing tho I need to get outta this. So if ya don't mind."

My mom gets me outta the chair. I don't even really recognize them like I once did. Before me stood my parents, but they had struggle written all over them. My mom was a lil choked up, and she looked like she wanted to hold me. I backed up from them and started my search for Jaida. I mean she is the reason I came here after all. I open just about every door that was unlocked. I found a room with some guns in it and I grab a loaded pistol. I eventually find her room at the end of a hallway.

"Jaida?!"

"Well dang it took you long enough!"

"Who was the damsel in distress tho?"

"Well you gotta plan then my knight in shining armor?"

"Aye nah. I'm not finna do this with you. I guess Ryan can rescue you."

"Toya chill with that!"

"Look we need something to protect you with."

"First of all who taught you how to shoot a gun? Oh you thought I forgot?"

"No, but questions later action now."

We search the drawers in the room and find three guns. Jaida takes two and I take the last one. We tuck the guns into our clothes so we can take them by the element of surprise.