Chapter 17: Plan in Motion

La'Toya
It's already the weekend and I gotta get ready. I look in my closet and dressed for the perfect outfit. I mix and match a few bits and pieces. Then boom I pieced together a fire outfit. I walk over to the mirror and look at my body at different angles. I turn my back to the mirror and look over my shoulder.

"Dang ma you getting thick!"

I twirl and start on my hair. My phone starts ringing off the hook.

"Hello."

"Toya I'm outside."

"Jaida the front door unlocked just come on in. Always out chere tryna make a grand entrance."

"Whatever. Bye."

"Bye."

I hung up and continued to do my thing with my hair. Jaida bust up in my room carrying bags.

"What's in the bags?"

"Toya I need your help."

"What do you need me to do?"

"I can't find out which outfit to wear today."

"Is somebody trying to impress Ryan?"

"Shut up and help me."

"What kind of statement are you trying to set today?"

"Fierce and bold."

I search through her bags and I couldn't find anything fierce. I looked in my dresser for one of my favorite red tops. I toss it to Jaida and match it with a pair of her ripped jeans.

"One problem. This shirt is too big. You know you bigger than me."

"Watch me work my magic hon."

I take my shirt and tie it so it can show her curves. I pin it up at a point where it's not showing too much stomach, but just enjoy to drive him wild.

"Zangggg Jaida look at cha. Ryan won't be able to keep his hands to himself."

Jaida can't do nothing, but shyly smile and study her reflection.

"I know he won't. His eyes is gonna be all on me."

"There goes my confident best friend!"

"Yass gurl you know it."

"You called Ryan up?"

"No not yet."

"Why?"

"I'm kinda scared. I haven't talked to him since your first day in the hospital. What if he's lost interest?"

"Omg girl when have you cared about how a guy feels about you? You like him don't you?!"

"Toya stop you embarrassing me."

"Tell the truth and shame the devil."

"Maybe. I'm just feeling a mixture of feelings to be honest."

"Well gimme ya phone."

She hands me he phone without questioning why. I find Ryan's contact and click on his number. It rings twice.

"Jaida?"

"Hey Ryan. Sorry to disappoint you, but it's me La'Toya."

"Hey La'Toya. How are you feeling?"

"You really wanna know it is that a rhetorical question?"

"I wanna know."

"I'm back and I'm better. I feel more confident and stronger."