Chapter 7: Rise Up

RJ
I fall back a couple feet just in case I'm being followed. Being in what I'm in it's always a possibility. In about ten minutes I make it to Sugar Hill. I turn off my engine and flash my lights twice to let TJ know nobody followed me. He flashes his lights twice as well. I get out Night Ride (my 2019 Mustang) and walk up to the top of the hill. My cousin links up at the top of the hill with me.

"What's up with you cuh!"

We do our lil secret handshake.

"Nun much how's ya moms?"

"She good she asked about you before I saw ya."

"Imma have to come over there this weekend. TJ what do you need to tell me?"

I study TJ he looks at the grass and avoids eye contact. He then raises his head and speaks.

"You know blood makes you related, but loyalty makes you family. Blood is thicker than water."

"Yeah TJ we been riding for each other since birth. So what the business is?"

"Imma fill you in. A storm is brewing and it's finna be unleashed soon. Now I can answer a few questions, but I don't have that much time before I gotta go back."

"Ight TJ who's behind the storm? How do I stop it or prolong it for as long as possible?"

Jaida
"La'Toya you're a strong one. Come on you got this! Don't leave! We have done all that we can do. Now it's left up to you."

I forgot about the team of nurses are still trying to close the incision. I see blood and immediately start feeling lightheaded.

"La'Toya wake up!"

"Nurse are you okay?"

I'm trying to tell him what's going on, but I can't form my words. Through my tunnel vision I can only see the doctor rushing toward me. My knees buckle and my body drops.

Ryan
After I dress in a doctor's attire I see Jaida near I'm guessing her friend La'Toya. Anyone can see that they are ride or die for each other. I need a girl who gon do that for me. I might make Jaida my queen. I walk in right when her knees buckle. I catch her in my arms.

"Don't just stand there nurse give me a wheelchair."

"Right away doctor."

I feel her cheeks while I wait on the wheelchair. Her cheeks are warm, but not burning up. I look over at La'Toya's abdomen and see her stitches. I put two and two together. Jaida passed out from the sight of blood. I raise her legs about 12 inches above the heart level. Her eyes flutter open and she sees me so she closes them back real fast. I bend down and whisper.

"I already saw your eyes open. You've been caught."

She holds her head. I pull her up quickly and she faints again. I smack my forehead. I pick her up bridal style and place her in the wheelchair. I take her back into the dressing room area. She groggily gets up.

"Go ahead and change back or we'll get caught." We both turn our backs to each other and change into our regular clothes. Once we are finished Jaida sits back in the wheelchair. I wheel her out of the two doors. I push her until we're by the ice machine. I grab a plastic ziplock bag and fill it up with ice. I set it in her lap.

"Thank you Ryan."

"Don't thank me just get better."

"Ry I wanna thank you. My head is pounding. Are you sure you didn't drop me?"

"I thought about it."

She tries to hit me with her ice bag, but my weave game is too strong. She starts to chase after me in the wheelchair.