Chapter 11: Reveal What The Truth Is

RJ
"Where do you think you going this early?"

"I'm going to Aunt Aisha house."

"Oh lord wonder what my twin got planned today?"

"Oh ion know. Hopefully she got cookin breakfast on the agenda. Cause you know ya son can throw down some food."

"I hope you can find a girl that can throw down in the kitchen."

"If I can't ma I'll just come back home to throw down. You and Auntie know how to do it right. If I wasn't working out I'd be as big as a house."

"Not if I put you on a strict diet."

"What is a diet? That word ain't in my vocabulary."

"If you going to Aisha house tell her the red house is coming down."

"The red house is coming down? What type of stuff is that?"

Ma hit the back of my head.

"Stay outta grown folks business just tell her what I told you. Oh and give her these."

She hands me two white envelopes. I rub the back of my head where she hit me.

"Quit clowning you know I ain't hit you that hard."

Ha. I ain't buying that just like the times when she said "This gon hurt me more then it hurts you."

"Anything else before I leave?"

"Yeah give her these heels and gimme my kiss before you leave."

I take the heels and kiss my mama cheek.

"Bye ma."

"Bye baby make sure you don't stay out too late. We have a well overdue mother and son day like we use to do back in the day."

"Ight ma."

I get in Night Ride and my engine roared to life. Aunt Aisha lives on the other side of the country. It ain't gon take long to get there. Going through all the traffic lights was easy. For some reason I didn't get stopped by a red light. Maybe following the law does have its advantages. I drive down a little further and take a right and come to a cross section. Aunt Aisha house isn't left or right. They have a private road and property. I go to the gate and punch in the code. The gate opens and my car is cleared. It's a long road and it takes 3 minutes to get to the house. I ring the doorbell and I hear it echo around the house.

"TJ go answer that door. You see I'm in here cooking breakfast. Acting like I'm a maid."

"Who is it?"

"I'm telling Aunt Aisha you playing with the door."

"Chill out."

He opens the door and lets me in. We do our handshake as usual.

"Is that my nephew RJ!!!!!!!"

She runs out of the kitchen and smothers me in a hug.

"I.....can't......breathe."

"I'm sorry. Now let auntie look at you."

She holds me out of embrace.

"Aww Auntie baby has gotten taller. Look at you trying to get buff. I can knock you down if I need to. Always member that ight!"

"Yes ma'am."

"I'm finna go back into the kitchen and tend to the food. So you go ahead and wash up. I hope you brought your appetite."

I flash a smile "Always."

She turns and she's halfway to the kitchen.

"I swear you got the nicer twin RJ."

"I heard that TJ ya better watch it!"

We head upstairs to TJ's bathroom.

"See what I'm talking bout?"

"Be careful before she comes up her and beat you with a broom like last time."

"You just had to bring that up huh?"

We wash our hands and go in his room. He closes his door and turns to me.

"What's that you got?"

"Oh I need to give it to Auntie. Come on."

We get to the bottom of the steps we hear her talking on the phone.

"Yeah I'm ready for that day too. We have to watch what we do around the kids. They don't know everything that they think they do. You should go ahead and tell my nephew Orlando about his roles of taking over as King. You don't have to tell him everything right off the bat just tell him the basics like I did to TJ. Yeah I got this funny feeling like something big is about to go down girl."

I walk into the kitchen.

"Imma call you back. Okay bye."

"The food isn't ready yet."

"Oh I know, ma told me to give you this. Oh yeah and she said "The red house is coming down."

I hand her the heels and the two envelopes. Her facial expression is hard to read. I want to see if she is gonna lie to me.

"Was that Uncle Darius?"

"Yeah he said he was gonna be a lil late for dinner tonight."

She told me a straight lie with a straight face. She's perfected it too well. What are the adults hiding?

"Okay we finna head back up." I run up the stairs back into his room and TJ ain't far behind me. I close the door behind us. TJ puts his finger to his lip. He goes over to his stereo and turns up the music to where it drowns our voices. I tell him about Ryan being at the hospital in La'Toya's room.

"This is bad!"

"How bad is it?"

"Very bad. Did he see the rose?"

"Not that I know of. Unless...."

"Unless what? Don't tell me there could be a possibility!"

"Well it can be because Orlando was at the hospital before I was."

"Now he knows about him crowning the next queen!"

"Well he probably knows about it, but he doesn't know who the queen is."

"Well if I were you I'd delete the security footage before it gets in the wrong hands. Don't do no amateur stuff either do it like the pros or he'll know someone is on to him."

"The thing is La'Toya doesn't even know she's been crowned."

"What?!!!! See y'all messing up all round."

"We could possibly use this to our advantage though as long as the adults don't know he's crowned his queen."

"Speaking of the adults what are they up to? What are they not telling us? Nobody in the family has talked to Uncle Darius or his wife Kayla since '04. Something ain't adding up."

"Boys breakfast is ready!!!!!"

"We on our way!!!!"

"I don't know, but we need to find out before it's too late."