Chapter 44: Newly Born

Rylee
I gave birth to a baby boy. Ryan stayed by my side the whole time and held my hand. I would've had my husband here, but I'm trying to hide him from my family. After that night my mom threatened me I have to keep him as far away as I can. I couldn't help keeping my baby away. I know this whole thing is putting a strain on my marriage, but I think we can survive it. Ryan looks out of the window and his face changes.

"Did you call mom?"

"What kind of question is that? Nah I ain't call her. Why? Is she here?"

"Yeah."

It didn't take long before she sucked all the energy out of the room. She looked at Ryan.

"Ooo look who finally left his room. If I'd known you'd be like this after your heart got broken I'd would've done this sooner."

She walked towards me and rub the back of her hand on my cheek.

"My little baby girl finally had a baby. Where is my grand baby?"

"They took him in the nursery."

"I have a grandson. That's the best news I've gotten all day."

I watch her when the nurse brings my son back into my room. I hold him in my arms and she comes over looking at him.

"I want to hold him."

I give her my son and she holds him close to her heart. For a spilt second I see my old mom back. I think she realizes it too because she passes the baby off to Ryan and leaves out of the room. I think this baby is going to heal my mom and get rid of all of her hate. The hate will be replaced with love hopefully.

La'Toya
The night before graduation has my mind going wild. My heart rate is going faster. The feeling of finally leaving high school it's mixed feelings of relief, unsureness, joy, and other bunched up feelings.

"La'Toya go to sleep."

"I can't I'm too excited."

"You keep on and when walk across the stage you'll fall."

"Jaida I can't believe you just said that."

She laughs and I just look at her.

"I'm just partly kidding. You know that would be funny. What a way to officially end your senior year."

"Why are you still up?"

"Do you think Ryan will be there?"

"Hmm. He might be. If he is there then it's because he's there to support you."

"I can't stand his ugly self."

"Jaida quit lying you know that's your man."

"Good night."

"Don't be getting all salty."

She fakes a snore and I turn off the lamp. She hates I when I'm right. Tomorrow is the day.

Ryan
Holding my nephew for the first time was something new that I... I don't know where to start. He's small and helpless. He's going to need us to take care of him. When Rylee finally falls asleep I hold him and watch over him. The nurse walks in and asks me if she could take him. I let her take him and send one of my goons to watch over him so nothing happens. Eventually sleep overcomes me.

Jaida
Why do I always gotta wake up early in the morning? I will never understand that. I look over and see the light coming from La'Toya's phone.

"How long you been up?"

"About 2 hours or so."

"And I thought I wake up early."