Chapter 31: Facing The Inner Demons

Orlando
"Why you running Ryan? Ain't this how you wanted things?"

Ryan stops and turns to face me. We're in a garden of some sort a great place to have blood spilt. A beautiful place to die and have a wonderful sight to look upon.

"You took everything from me Orlando."

"What did I take from you?"

"My mother died that day. You took away Rylee's and my childhood. Everything was gone as soon as you decided to step up. We had to grow up before our time. This wasn't suppose to turn out this way. It's all your fault. You just had to be mister justice."

"That's why you've hated me all these years?"

I try not to laugh, but I had to laugh versus stomping a mud hole in him. He is bewildered at first then he plasters his face with a stern look.

"It's all fun and games till I bust a cap in ya."

"Man you mad over that! That's so childish. Wow it's all my fault when in reality if you had of left RJ alone maybe this wouldn't happen. Did you ever think the baggage you're carrying is because of the moves you made?"

I can tell Ryan is pondering my point of view. I take this moment to disarm him of his weapon.

"I should've listened to my mama when she said not to trust y'all."

"You can trust us, but the question is can we trust you?"

Ryan tries to recapture his weapon, but fails. He sees he can't accomplish his goal so he gives me a quick, powerful blow to my stomach. He knocks the wind out of me and I release my hold on his weapon. He tries to get it, but I was quicker in kicking it outta his reach.

"Orlando you gonna die one way or another. Either by my bare hands or by my heat."

"Since ya gun over there I guess I'll go with the one without a gun involved."

I square up keeping my eyes focused and alert on Ryan. He bucks and I pop him in his jaw. He throws a punch and I dodge it. His problem is the fact that he's underestimating me. I'm not the same scrawny kid back in '04. That's his problem he can't leave the past in the past.

"Orlando!!!"

I turn to see my queen looking through the glass.

La'Toya
I had finally found my Lando. I watched a little bit of his and Ryan's altercation. I soon regret calling his name. Ryan pulls out brass knuckles and I frantically point behind him. It's too late because Ryan gets a few blows in while I had Lando's attention. I ain't finna let him beat him down. I run out and I spot a gun a few feet away from them. Ryan and I make a quick eye contact before I run for the gun. I manage to get close to it. Ryan leaps and grabs my ankle. He starts to reel me in toward him. I start to crawl toward it.

"La'Toya you better not..."

Before he could finish his sentence I grabbed the gun outta my waistband and turn on my back.

"Let. Go. Of. Me."

I say through huffed breaths. Ryan lets me go and watch me retrieve the other gun. I point both of them at him and get up.

"You better hope you have a good grip on those sweetheart. One slip and you might accidentally shoot yourself. You're playing with grown folks weapons."

"I know how to handle myself and how to use this."

The adrenaline pumping through my veins is so great my arm begins to shake a little. Ryan sees it and smirks.

"Aw is the little baby scared."

He's just trying to get into my head. I'm in control of this situation I have the upper hand. Before I could react Orlando kicked Ryan down and hit a few combos on him. They're tussling around.

Jojo
All this action in one night. This is what I live for. The only thing I'm missing is the popcorn, large drink, and my seat. I would've recorded it if it couldn't get traced back to us. I'm getting kinda antsy tho. I might need to get in the action.

Meisha
"I'm almost there."

"Me too."

I whip into Jayla's driveway and I see headlights behind me. I'm assuming they belong to Aisha. I turn to walk to the door when the hairs on my neck stood up. I look out the corner of my eye and see Kayla standing behind me holding a chair. I side stepped her attack and I made her lose her footing.

She hit the ground pretty hard causing her to go unconscious. I'll worry bout her later main goal is to find Jayla. She's the glue that binds us and keeps us anchored. I go up to the door and it's unlocked. Jayla be the main one telling us to lock the door. I step into the foyer and see a blood trail. Looking at the blood I can tell it's been sitting here for a while.

"Jayla?"

I say it a little above a whisper.

"Boo!"

"Aisha we got some serious going on! I don't got time fa the foolishness!"

Her eyes scan the floor and see the blood trail.

"Let's split up."

"Meisha you funny. That's how it always happens in the movies. Then they die when they spilt up."

"Fine then let's follow the blood trail."

We follow it and don't find a body. Weird right? We still have to find Jayla though. We search every room from all the floors down to the basement. We come up with nothing.

"Aisha..didn't Jayla say something about a secret room that one time?"

"I thought she was playing tho."

"Well what if she wasn't?"

It takes us at least three minutes tops to find the secret room by accident. Once we found it we faced the fact that it's locked.