Chapter 29: United

Ryan
Love is a weakness. What am I doing? I'm suppose to be the most powerful and ruthless ruler yet with Jaida I wanna be different. It's like she sees me differently from how other people see me. Jaida views me as a person, but others view me as a boss or threat. The authority of it is power for me, but sometimes I want to be just seen as a person. Jaida is something I want, but don't wanna hurt. If I drag her into this I don't know how I'd be able to balance both of them. I don't want her to look at me differently if I killed someone. I don't want her to change once she knows. So many things that could go wrong in a matter of seconds.

"Sir."

"What is it?"

"It's about your sister Rylee."

"Well what about her?"

"She's missing."

"Nonsense I'll just track her phone."

I open up my tracker app and see that Rylee is at the lake. At the lake? At this time of night?

"Load up my car and bring about ten men with us."

"Yes sir."

Rylee I don't know what you're playing at, but we finna find out.

RJ
I call up all the next in line Legacy members cousins: Shawn, TJ, La'Shayla, Jojo, Rudy, Summer, Benjamin, Miguel, Ja'Drea, Carmen, Sa'hanna, Kyle, Kami, Tony, Carlos, Malik, Malcolm, Rosa, Raya, and Karmen. I tell em all to met us at the old treehouse. I tell Orlando to get in my car so I could drive us to the treehouse.

"RJ you think this will work?"

"Hopefully this will work. We all can get in there safely and leave out safely. I wouldn't wanna endanger any of our lives especially our own blood. This gotta work and I haven't been to the treehouse in years. It was always a place we would meet up at and chill. We had so much fun there. We don't have that much time to stop and get snacks. So I think we can just wait until after we get the girls."

"Yeah that sounds like a plan."

I could tell Orlando's mind was else where. Losing his dad and queen in the same night is overwhelming. I just keep quiet and drive.

Rylee
Finally it's done and I'm freed. I'm no longer with Ryan or my mom. I need to get to my apartment before I get found. I'm certain that somebody already told Ryan by now that I'm missing. I don't wanna be found at all I want to live my life. TJ drives me to my apartment and I hug him tightly as I could.

"Thank you. I can't thank you enough. Keep Orlando safe."

"Yeah I got it. Now go on fore somebody see you."

"You right. Now take care TJ."

I run inside my apartment and go in my room. I grab my new phone and call my husband.

"Hello?"

"Honey I'm at my new apartment we can finally move in. They won't know where we are. Now we don't have to be in secret anymore."

"Where is the apartment?"

I give him the address and he says he's on his way. Finally I can finish out my senior year and have my family. I rub my stomach and smile.

TJ
After I let Rylee out RJ called and said to meet him at the treehouse. You know this is about to be serious. I'm close to the treehouse it ain't nun, but about 2 1/2 miles away. I start on my way towards the treehouse. I'm trying to think if Rylee ever set me up the whole time she was helping us. I couldn't come up with anything. This don't make sense at all. Why would RJ tell me that unless he knows something I don't? I want to know what's going on. I call him to find out.

"RJ why'd you tell me not to trust her?"

"TJ I got other stuff I need to do."

"Tell me. I need to know if I made a mistake."

"So apparently she's the one who took Jaida and wrote a note to La'Toya."

"How could she do that when she was with me all day?"

"So that means.. it was Ryan?"

"Looks like he threw you off his tracks again."

"Nah we got sum for him."

"Aye I'm at the treehouse. Where y'all at?"

"Go ahead and go in. You know where we hid the key. We about a quarter of a mile from the treehouse. So just sit tight."

I hang up the phone and find the key. I unlock the door and believe it or not it looks the same. I guess somebody still had someone come down here and keep up the cleaning. I wonder around and find myself in the kitchen. Now I bet having food in here is too much like right. I open the fridge and I was right. I knew I should've got something to eat. I go to the window and see RJ pull up. Shortly after everyone started to come one by one. Then all 19 of them walk into the treehouse.

RJ
I look and count everyone to make sure all 20 of us are here.

"Alright. This is what's happening so far Ryan has the future queen for Legacy. Aunt Kayla killed Uncle Marcus. Rylee is well I don't know what she tryna do, but she did give us information about what they were doing. Jojo I know you ain't back there eating!"

"Huh?"

This girl in the back just snacking and didn't offer.

"So you brought everyone some?"

"I didn't plan on it. I got some chips in my trunk. It's a fifty count box from Sams. Everybody gotta pay a dollar if they want some chips."

"Jojo we all family in here."

"You right. Well I'll lower the price to 50 cents. I ain't going no further."

I mean mug her.

"Jojo."

"What? Uhhh fine you don't gotta pay! The max everyone can get is two bags. Don't touch my cookies, pops, or sandwiches."

We ended up getting chips, cookies, pops, and sandwiches free of charge. Jojo kept staring me down and I winked at her. She mouthed "I hate you."

"I love you too Jojo. Okay now everyone now that we've eaten it's time we go and get them. We are going to go in there peacefully don't shoot unless they shoot first. Make sure everyone sticks together we going in pairs. So everyone stick together and protect your partner."

Ryan
I got to the lake and the tracking app said I was right beside Rylee. This doesn't make any sense.

"Rylee! Rylee!"

I yell her name and I get no answer. One of my goons get the metal detector and it beeps rapidly when it was hovering over the water. I see a boat tied to the dock.

"Come on!"

Me and two others get into the boat. They row into the middle of the lake and I dive into the lake. I swim and the moonlight lightens my sight. I see Rylee's car and I open her car door with force. It opens and I look around in there. I see her phone in the passenger seat. I know my sister she'd never go anywhere without her phone. I open the trunk and it was empty. I swim back to the surface and climb back into the boat. They row me back to shore.

"They took my sister! Now this is war!"