Chapter 32: Think Of Our Kids

Aisha
"Well do you gotta bobby pin in clutch?"

"Yeah."

Meisha slides a bobby pin outta her hair and I work my magic on the lock. It takes a little time, but I eventually successfully pick it.

"Jayla?"

I see Jayla tied up and looking at us with relief. Just a few scratches and bruise on her. I take off the duct tape off of Jayla's mouth as gingerly as possible.

"Jayla what happened?"

"Wa... wat... water."

"Meisha go get her some water."

Meisha leaves out of the room while I start to untie her.

"Dang did mama ever send Kayla to boot camp? Or was she in Girl Scouts? These knots are strong and hard to get undone."

I struggle against the rope and it takes a few attempts to untie them. Meisha walks in with Jayla's water and she pours it into her mouth.

"Ah! Not so hard Aisha."

"My bad. Now that your thirst has been quenched what went down?"

"One word Kayla."

"So you gonna go into detail?"

"No time, but we need to get to Orlando before she does."

Jayla gets up and stumbles a little. She puts her hand on the wall to support her balance and one hand on the side of her head.

"Slow down take it easy. You just came from an encounter with Kayla."

She takes a moment to gather herself together. Meisha scrunches her face and leaves the room.

Meisha
I almost forgot about Kayla. If we capture her maybe that will get Jayla to slow down a bit. I go back to the driveway and Kayla isn't where I left her. Why can't this psycho stay in one place? I dash back into the house and I don't stop until I'm in the same room as my sisters. When I'm in the room I bend over and put my hands on my knees. I start breathing in heavily.

"Dang you act like you ran a marathon."

"I... came... darn.... close.... to.... it." I huffed.

I get control over my breathing again.

"Whew! I ain't ran like that since... since high school. Kayla is gone we gotta go."

"Well where are we about to go?"

"I have a hunch that wherever the kids are that's where all the action at."

"Call up the other four siblings and Aisha track the kids down. We gon pay them a lil visit."

"Already got the location I'm ready when y'all are sistas."

La'Toya
If I was gonna take my shot it was now or never. I steady my hand and kept both of my eyes opened. I pulled the trigger and it was like time slowed after the bullet left the barrel. I say a quick prayer hoping it won't hit Lando. My knuckles turn white from holding the gun too tightly. The bullet barely missed Lando, but I couldn't say the same for Ryan. He grabs his thigh and cradles it.

"Ah!"

I grab Orlando and put his arm around my shoulder. Jojo follows my lead and does the same.

Jaida
I hear a gunshot and follow the direction it came from. My heart was beating like a drum not missing any beat. My feet carried me faster than I could believe. I see Ryan laying on the ground with blood around his leg. I see some random girl on the side of Orlando supporting his weight. I piece the scene together and assume she's the one who shot him. I bump into her on purpose and Orlando leans more to La'Toya's side.

"Aye watch where you goin!"

I'm already ready to fight.

"And if I don't."

"I can really pop you and we can settle this."

I walk towards Ryan and look out the corner of my eye. This chick ain't paying attention so I grab her hair and wrap it around my hand. I get a few hits in. Call it fighting dirty or whatever. I call it protecting me and mine. La'Toya is busy tryna handling up on her man. So the fight should go without interruption. We were doing blow for blow. I put my boxing skills to the test, but this girl matched them with her own moves. She think she was gonna win in between the punches I kick her down. She rolls out of the way just as I was about to strike.

Orlando
I'm a little banged up, but compared to Ryan I'm perfect. I ain't gonna tell La'Toya that Ryan stabbed me the last time we fought. La'Toya props me up on a bench.

"Orlando are you okay?!"

"La'Toya I'm straight."

"That's really not answering my question."

"I'm good."

She looks at me for a minute.

"We're gonna get you checked out. Stay here I'll be back okay."

I watch as she runs toward the battle between Jaida and Jojo. She doesn't even try to get in between them. I always knew she was a smart girl. I bet if she did try to break it up and they hit her in the process she'd put em all to sleep. She gets the two guns and fire them into the air. Jaida jumps, but Jojo keeps beating Jaida.

"Jojo don't make me shoot you so you can stop."

Jojo kept going at it. La'Toya shot closer to Jojo then she stopped.

"Alright. Alright. I'm done."

When La'Toya turned around Jojo kicked Jaida. I still can't believe La'Toya walked straight by Jaida without saying a word. I guess I'll know about that later.

RJ
We finally made them retreat and I notice some cars pull up.

"Awww this ain't good."

The first three cars I recognize is my mom's, Aunt Jayla's, and Aunt Aisha's.

"What's up?"

"Parents are here and we can't scatter fast enough. Besides they blocked us in. Ain't no talking outta this."

We just decided it wasn't no use in running. It was just time to face the music and with combined forces we'd be stronger. I wasn't finna do it without my big dawg Orlando or my lil cousin Jojo.

"Aye TJ cover for me."

I started searching until I found them coming back into the house. Orlando didn't look too good for starters.

"O what's going on with you?"

Before he could answer Aunt Jayla yelled behind me.

"Orlando Landon Washington!!!"

She saw him and he gave her a half hearted smile. His shirt was drenched in blood. He could pass out any minute now. I count to three in my head and that's when he in fact passed out. Jojo and La'Toya keep their grip on him. Me and TJ take him and put him in my car.

"Aye Aunties and Uncles we can hear your speeches later. Right now we gotta take care of Orlando."