» Ep. 15 «

"Ma'am? What would you like to drink?" You smiled, and she was still surprised when she heard the whispers. "You two sure are popular. Daniel must be jealous!"

Daniel laughed a bit forcefully and just looked away.

"What would you like?"
"I'll have an Americano."
"Hah, an Amaykano?"
"Y/n? What about you?"

You looked at the board and smiled. "I'll just get an [ Name Beverage ]"

Daniel's mother took a glance at all the prices and frowned slightly, pulling Daniel's sleeve as he turned to look at her. "These drinks are a bit expensive...don't they have instant coffee?.."

Hearing that made Daniel shock, widening his eyes as he stared at her. "No..they don't have that.."

"Then, is water free here?.." she asked, glancing around. "Y-Yes." You replied for Daniel, a bit surprised at her as well.

"Then I'll just get water. You have Amaykano and [ Name Beverage ]. My treat."

You frowned a bit, as you told Daniel and the woman to go find seats. "It's okay. I'll order for us. Find somewhere nice to sit." You gave kind and sweet smiles to them both as Daniel sighed and nodded, pulling the woman towards a table as you turned to the counter.

"Two Americanos and 1 [ Name Drink ], please." You pulled out your money and paid, and after a bit, received the drinks and smiled. "Thanks."

You carried the tray of drinks over to the table and sat next to Daniel again, handing the drinks around as the woman gasped a bit. "You didn't have to.."

You only smiled. "It's okay. I wanted to." The woman was surprised, but then smiled. "Thank you." She says and took her first sip, as Daniel stayed silent, deep in thought as he had regret and guilt in him.

"So this is an Amaykano...I wonder.." Daniel glanced up at the woman as she had a small heartwarming smile. "If Daniel were to have drink this, he'd like it."

Daniel was in tears almost, feeling even more regret and pain in his heart, guilty of neglecting his mother who always thought of him first.

Jace carried a tray of drinks over to a table and set it down. "Alright, drink up."

"Man that took a while."

Jace snickered slightly. "Pay up." He then stopped as he leaned close to them as he whispered. "Hey. Those transfers are here. I think they're with their friend's mother." Jace whispered, making the others glance at a table nearby.

"Man, they're good looking.."
"Is it really them?"

Jace sighed and stared especially at Vasco. "That means, behave yourselves, got it? Don't get into fights or I'll be fired."

"Hey, who the fuck ordered milk??"
"That's Vasco's."
"..."

Vasco ignored them and stared silently at the three of you, giving occasional glances to your face.

The woman kept talking about Daniel, a grin on her face as she talked about how Daniel was a top student, and how Daniel was so handsome, and asked several questions, wanting to know her son was doing well.

After a while, the sun started to set. "Oh my, my apologies. I've wasted both of your time."

"No worries at all Ma'am. I enjoyed knowing more about Daniel." You smiled, and waved it off.

"Excuse me?" The woman had noticed something in the corner and raised her hand, making Jace startled as he answered. "Y-Yes?"

You stared a bit surprised, since you didn't really notice him. "Ah, he's from the architecture department with Vasco. He works here, huh?"

"Do you mind if I take those boxes?" You turned to her as she pointed to the unused boxes in the corner. "Um, usually someone else takes them, but I guess it's okay." Jace slowly nodded, confused.

"I know it's embarrassing, but I can't let it pass." The woman sheepishly chuckled, scratching the back of her head.

The woman then looked down and fiddled with her thumbs. "Don't tell Daniel..okay? He'd be embarrassed. Oh, and.." She reaches into her pocket and grabbed out 5000 Won. "Thank you, for looking out for Daniel. I hope you three will be friends. Please don't bully or hurt my Daniel, for me."

You stared surprised, looking down as Daniel slowly took it. You noticed her sleeves and frowned, seeing how hard she worked, it made you saddened.

Daniel bit his lip from crying and having a breakdown, nodding a bit. "Y-yes..please, don't worry."

"Thank you for everything."

••••••••

"Are you sure you want to leave without seeing Daniel?" You asked, watching her pull on her bag.

"Yes. I wouldn't wanna wake him. Just tell him I visited." His mother insisted, a kind smile on her face.

"It's his birthday soon, so I'll be back." You hummed, keeping that in mind. "Okay, travel safe! Oh and Ma'am?"

The woman turned to face you as you jogged over, reaching into your pocket. Daniel watched from afar, confused on what you were doing.

"Ma'am, here." You smiled and handed the item over. "This is a gift. I can see you've worked hard, and it's for letting me meet and be friends with Daniel."

The woman widened her eyes and shook her head. "No, this is unnecessary, please I can't take this." She pushed it away and you only smiled more. "I insist."

She saw the look on your face and sighed, reluctantly taking as she held it, a small smile on her face. "Okay. Thank you very much Y/n." You nodded and waved to her. "Have a safe trip back." You say, as she nodded and left, letting you head back to Daniel as he was curious on what you did.

"Don't worry, it was nothing." You shook it off, smiling and he slowly nodded. "And I'm sorry. It seems we couldn't study, but perhaps another time?" Daniel smiled a bit, and you giggled, nodded. "Sure. Anyways, lets head back. We walked all the way here to help her."

Daniel nodded and was about to start walking when a voice made him stop. "Hey Newbie." You and Daniel turned to see Vasco, but Vasco seemed to only stare at Daniel. "I saw everything, you punk. You were out of line. Follow me. I'm gonna mess you up." All Vasco said as he shuffled away, making you furrow your eyebrows.

"What?!"

•••••••••••

Daniel's mother walked home as she looked at the item in her hand. "This is too much.." She deemed that she wasn't gonna use it.

"She must be rich..having 500,000 Won.."