Chapter 18 - Crash Course

This day was just dragging. Tyler consumed my every thought. Looking at Anne who was about to say something I butted in.

"You're right, I should skip class"

"I never-" before she objected to anything. I walked straight to my car or I tried. I ran into Matt, Tyler and Jake in the hallway.

"Hi and bye" I dashed passed Matt hoping not to be interrogated. Spoke too soon.

"Bunking? Damn I'm really rubbing off on you"

"I'm not feeling well, Matthew." I knew using his full name would get him to not mess with me. "See you at home!" He shouted as I was already at the doors. Looking back Tyler looked worried but he had no reason to be.

Stop over thinking this. I hit my head against my steering wheel causing the horn to scare the shit out of me.

I threw myself on my bed after downing a bowl of cereal and snack bar.

"Hey baby" I rubbed my food baby in my tummy. "You're going to be a piece of shit when you come out" I poked at the bulge while drifting off.

Waking up to "Some babies were dropped on their heads but you, you were clearly thrown at a wall." And "Are you always this stupid or is so today a special occasion?" "Guys stop, it's just a party."

Oh right. Nancy's party. I think I'll just straighten my hair, add heels and winged eyeliner and this bunny is ready to bounce.

I got into one of those awkward positions where God himself could see my butthole from heaven. I was comfy though so God has to endure this personal hell until I feel like moving.

"You coming?" Matt yelled, assuming he's talking to me.

"Yeah I'll go on my own, I'm waiting for Lucy!" Which wasn't a lie, Lucy didn't want to drive all the way to Grace so I was closest. Lucy doesn't drive because she's afraid she'll have too much power and crash into everything.

So instead, we're crashing parties.

---------------------------------------------------------