Chapter 31 - Hey Hey, You You

The drive home was filled with laughs and hand holding.

"So you've never wanted a sibling?"

"Nah, I was a spoiled baby who didn't want to share"

"You say that as if you're not one now"

I said good night to him making sure to not be in view of Matt or any windows.

***

I woke up feeling like I was birthed yesterday. I was glowing, soft as a baby's bum and carefree.

Then I remembered I had class and to make it even better, it was maths first thing.

I drove with Matt today and skillfully avoided all his questions. Ninja training is coming in handy.

"Why is being alive so expensive? I'm not even having a good time" Anne looked up from her phone at me as we entered hell - Maths class.

"Today we're learning about geometry"

"Shapes? What, am I in preschool?" Jeff rolled his eyes.

"You know I'm glad we're learning about parallelograms instead of how to do taxes. It'll really come in handy this parallelogram season." Grace said snarkily.

"Guys just admit this subject sucks." I sighed putting my head down. Imma take a nap right here. At least tomorrow is the last day then it's break.

***

Waking up knowing it's the last day of seeing people I don't like, subjects I wanna set on fire and teachers that teach me the history of America but not how to love myself. Ahh yes, the pleasure of school.

"WHATS UP LOSERS" I shouted as I jumped off the bottom step. Jared and Jake were watching Friends and Matt was in the kitchen making cereal. I sat on both of them jamming to the theme song then dramatically fell to my knees and played the air guitar.

"Did you snort sugar for breakfast?" Jared questioned.

"Firstly, who snorts anything for breakfast and secondly, ITS THE LAST DAAAY" I screamed and ran to Matt, stealing his cereal.

***

"Damn girl you looking like a full course meal" Jeff slung his arm around me

"Oh sir Jeffers, thank you but it's seems you're thirsty, not hungry"

"Well well malady, care to be my dessert? You are ever so sweet."

I spotted Tyler staring at us, his stare looked like I did something wrong. I can't explain it, it made me afraid but also he looked so sexy. I'd say a disciplining stare but not as mean.

Anne walked to us and I darted passed Tyler ducking into the janitors closet. Fiddling to find the light switch, a dull buzzing and dim light filled the area. Tyler walked in and passive aggressively closed the door straight beaming at me.

"I don't know if you know this but I really like you. More than you like pizza or flicking your boogers on Matt when he isn't looking."

"You see that?"

"You think he doesn't?" He pulled me by my waist sliding his hand down to my butt. "Princess, would you please be my girlfriend?"

"You don't think we're rushing a little?"

"We've known each other forever, so I've basically liked you forever and I went in blinded not knowing if you liked me too. Knowing you do, there's nothing that would make me happier then you saying yes Bree" his head was on top of mine as he twirled a piece of my hair, expecting an answer.

"Saying no hadn't even crossed my mind" I jumped and hugged him.

---------------------------------------------------------