Chapter 37 - Promise?

We arrived at a super fancy restaurant. It's the type people wear ball gowns and snot nosed old ladies eat portions of food the size of a salt grain.

Tyler pulled out the chair for me on the balcony outside, a true gentleman.

"You've really outdone yourself Monroe, the view is beautiful" I stared at the lights of the city and the reflection of stars in the lake.

"It sure is" his eyes were set on me. He's so cheesy but the good type. He's gouda cheesy.

Our table talk consisted of nonstop smiling and laughing. My face was beginning to hurt from smiling so much but Tyler's presence just did that to me.

"What did baby corn say to mommy corn?"

"What's popping? I don't know"

"Where's popcorn"

Before we started dating, Tyler was just that dreamy funny friend you never expected to have a chance with but now he's mine.

"Can I confess something?" Tyler's words made me extremely nervous.

"Yeah, of course"

"Your smile is the prettiest thing I've ever seen" I could only smile harder at his words.

"Can I confess something too?"

"Go ahead, love" he held my hand over the table. A small but sweet gesture.

"This smile only exists when I'm with you" his smile got wider and the waiter brought our food. Tyler doesn't need to eat food and I appreciated that he did for our date to seem more humane. The restaurant did offer vampire options but he refused.

After dinner he took my hand while getting up, we stood with his arms around my waist and my arms around his neck. He swayed to the slow jazz playing in the background.

"Why are you so perfect?"

"I'm really not, I'm a mess Bree"

"You're my mess" he smiled leaning down and kissing me.

"We should get going, it's nearly midnight."

"Our time together is like a nap, it just doesn't last long enough" I whined as he held me tighter.

"Happy 6 months, baby" he slid a box out of his pocket and inside was a beautiful ring. First thought than ran through my mind is 'are you crazy'.

"I'm promising you, you're the only one for me. I'll never hurt you, I'm reassuring you with everything I have Bree so with this, promise you'll always be mine, please?"

"I promise."

---------------------------------------------------------